Heimer is viable

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dmgovertime

02-17-2013

Well grats to you sir for your heim wins. =) If you like it and youre doing well, keep doing it. just lock your heim mid and walk away from the keyboard. lol

Ashrel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2013

The problem with Heimerdinger isn't that he isn't viable. The problem is that he is overshadowed by every other mid champion in the game. Literally any other champion can be more useful than him when played at an equal skill level. That's why he's bad. Why gimp yourself when you can do so much more?

Sexelady

02-17-2013

Heimer is definitely viable, its just 99% of people who try to play him dont know what they're doing. One of my duo partners is ~55% win rate with him over 100 games at ~1450-1500 elo (equivalent of about silver I / gold V now).

If you're worried about ragers, just communicate that you aren't trolling and most of them should calm down. If you want to play support heimer, make sure you pair with a good poke adc like cait and they know how to play the lane comp.

t0ad5

02-17-2013

I cant think of a more useless champ... niche, at best, but most likely there would be a better pick, overall, for the team

Solemendal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2013

he is not viable in solo que only if arranged 5s

LittleBreloom

02-17-2013

Heimer is one of the best pushers in the game. And that's pretty much it.
In order to play him, you need a good comunication with your team and, of course, a good team comp... anything that you could get at solo queue.

http://www.twitch.tv/eslasia/b/362814801 3:33:00

Zinzon

02-18-2013

(CAUTION POOR ENGLISH AHEAD HAHA!!!)

Haha i never felt like heimer was a bad character... Seriously he is the only mid laner that have no counter. If you suspect any "counter" like syndra, karthus, cass... MAX YOUR W FIRST. You will get them out of the lane often making you able to out cs/push lane/gank. You need to be good with his AA to last hit and not rely on turrets early game.

On the damage part, he is the champions with the best dps in the game in team fight. 5 missiles, a aoe blind + dps and epic turrets. All that package comes with HUGE range. You just need to put you turret down when the fight start, come in, do your w + e then retreat till cd is down. If you get jumped on just stun them and watch their health melt to turrets and w/e attack them.

Another point is he can secure objective so easily. Dragon is easily secured with 2 turrets, he is a great siege champions, he deal huge aoe dmg, he is a tank shredder (with turrets) and more...

The best part is his E. How many hero have a stun + blind each 5 sec or so? not many... And how many got that stun + consistent DPS that turrets offer? None. Why bypass a such STRONG champion?

By saying every mid can outshine him you just stick to the idea of him being a troll pick... Not every mid can shutdown their lane like he does. He may not have a high kill potential like other mage but they dont have his AOE dmg or his utility in a team. Furthermore, if heimer is fed he can handle a team by himself along with a tank line. Its countless the time i have been caught with the tank and still managed to down to 1/4 the five enemy player... my team just cleansed them.

The point that most person dislike in Heimerdinger is that he has no escape ability. Its well counter by a proper positionning. The other fact is that he is often focused. As an heimerdinger player, I ABSOLUTLY LOVE GETTING FOCUSED. This need alot of stress management but once acquired you can just bait people to their deaths because they think heimer is a easy kill... With good E and a zhonya you can almost live every team fight despite being focused. And if they focus you, they dont focus your AD so he can pick up a nice amount of kills out of it.

My main point is HEIMER IS NOT A CONVENTIONNAL CARRY he is just a misunderstood mid champions that can bring alot more than you can think to a team. The key: lock the enemy mid early so he can't do better than you before you achieve your full potential. By doing so, you might think enemy mid will just come to lane to push his lane and roam all the time. That's why you can use teleport spell or just follow him because you turret just counter push his lane while you follow him.

Finally, if i would pick a champion to do 3v1 i would definitly take heimerdinger as he is extremely kite able and AOE dmg. In a team fight you are 5vs5. So if you do well 2vs1 (when enemy jungler gank you along with mid) you should be extremely efficient in Team fight.

The only cons i see: high vulnerability to ganks which get countered by --> wards. (or double kill from killing the jungler and the enemy mid)

Sry for that huge post but i can't stand my main champion being bullied by non funded argument.

angryWelchMan

02-18-2013

Im dont jungle much (and all but never mid) but personally I dont know to gank a heimer (He just plops up like even with the cliffs with two of his turrets and just stands there and laughs while getting cs and being unable to be fought. Though he does fall off late game

Zinzon

02-18-2013

Smite one of his turrets. As simple as that. Early game he is not hard to gank (turret doesnt really hurt unless maxed but if maxed just gtfo at half health) but as he reach more and more lvl, turrets dmg + missile can devastate you friendly mid and you because of his burst dmg ( missile) and his sustain dmg (turrets) along with a stun and a slow from turrets.

If you really want to counter him take a tanky champ with a gap closer with cc (nautilus and mumu are good one). Be sure to check your mid life before engaging cause you might end up 1vs1 because of a missile downing him to 1/4 health.

In the point of view of heimer, always keep you enemy mid below half health so if a gank comes you send one more missile and the mid is out of the way unless he want to die. Also, if you are good with E you can just throw it and stun the incoming jungler/mid. Otherwise keep it until the jungler is in melee range because you will have a huge % of stun and then having a sweet escape (works well with gap closer champions like xin).

And as i said in my previous post, being misunderstood champion is in fact a good thing because of people doesnt know how to proceed vs him.