Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

At level 20, why am I matched with level 30s?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NiceDynamite

02-17-2013

Quote:
HonorableGeneral:
Depends on how they got to 20. I know friends who got to 20 via all-bot matches. They have no idea what jungling is, they don't react to ganks, they generally are predictable because they've learned to react to bots and not humans, and - most important of all - they are VERY PASSIVE AND AGGRESSIVE SIMULTANEOUSLY.

People who are passive and aggressive at the same time have two opposite problems:

1. They are not aggressive without provocation.
2. When provoked, they become blinded and will suicide-chase enemy champions just to get revenge.

I saw this repeatedly when I made my trek from 20 to 30, and it's something that average/good players eventually grow out of.

Another thing I also see.

I think the thing that pisses me off the most is when I see top/bottom lane chase someone through the river and deep into their jungle, giving the enemy mid/jungler a chance to react and kill them.

Another thing I can't stand is when a teammate of mine is in trouble. I see it with junglers a lot. I'll be bot lane, our jungler comes running out of the enemy jungle being chased. As opposed to running down to me for help as I'm trying to run up to them, they run through their own jungle, get caught, and die, or run through mid and get caught by the enemy mid champ.

SeCKS Egai

02-18-2013

Quote:
Akshun Bastard:
I get that, but at level 20, people should have a pretty good grasp of the game by now.

That thought runs through my head when I see 30s struggle with intermediate ai. But then I remember the varying skill levels and that there are folks in ranked that actually perform under bronze.

Also finally did 2 co op/beginners on the smurf. First game there were 7 deaths before i got the first kill - would have come much sooner but I was peaking at over 1500 latency. Out of 26 kills, I had 17 and 5 assists.

2nd game i had a support (who didn't ward but hey its ai I don't expect them all to practice that habit in there) and I ended it 26/0/somethin. Team got more kills, but top lane died way too much, particularly the shaco... since he actually had a shaco. Still had latency issues, but aside from a massive spike for a few min, the rest were minor.

NiceDynamite

02-18-2013

Quote:
xSeCKSx:
That thought runs through my head when I see 30s struggle with intermediate ai. But then I remember the varying skill levels and that there are folks in ranked that actually perform under bronze.

Also finally did 2 co op/beginners on the smurf. First game there were 7 deaths before i got the first kill - would have come much sooner but I was peaking at over 1500 latency. Out of 26 kills, I had 17 and 5 assists.

2nd game i had a support (who didn't ward but hey its ai I don't expect them all to practice that habit in there) and I ended it 26/0/somethin. Team got more kills, but top lane died way too much, particularly the shaco... since he actually had a shaco. Still had latency issues, but aside from a massive spike for a few min, the rest were minor.

It amazes me that people die to bots lmao.