At level 20, why am I matched with level 30s?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Capt Poro Snax

Senior Member

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshun Bastard View Post

>inb4 runes don't make a difference. K. Make a level 1 then go against my 30.
Same thing as an adc having ap runes and still crushing a lane. the only place runes have a true importance is a very rune dependent champ like old akali or a jungler. On the other hand if you want over 5 min q times for the server to get enough lev 20's all together at one time i am sure they could do that.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NiceDynamite

Senior Member

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTDM View Post
Same thing as an adc having ap runes and still crushing a lane. the only place runes have a true importance is a very rune dependent champ like old akali or a jungler. On the other hand if you want over 5 min q times for the server to get enough lev 20's all together at one time i am sure they could do that.
You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

A level 25-30 ADC with all their runes will simply DOMINATE a level 15 ADC due to just the AD they get from runes/masteries alone.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Capt Poro Snax

Senior Member

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshun Bastard View Post
You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

A level 25-30 ADC with all their runes will simply DOMINATE a level 15 ADC due to just the AD they get from runes/masteries alone.
you clearly have no idea how to safely cs into late game and not feed.

I think we got to the heart of the problem with this though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshun Bastard View Post
If Riot didn't allow children to dole out punishments in the Tribunal, or if people didn't get all pissy because I tell them they suck and feed, I wouldn't be suspended and wouldn't have to smurf.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HonorableGeneral

Senior Member

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshun Bastard View Post
If Riot didn't allow children to dole out punishments in the Tribunal, or if people didn't get all pissy because I tell them they suck and feed, I wouldn't be suspended and wouldn't have to smurf.
And here we reach the inherent problem.

You raging or insulting a player is your fault, not anyone elses. Raging at a troll only satisfies their desire to see you get mad. Raging at a legitimate player only makes them play worse.

If you rage, expect to be banned. This is not CoD. This is not WoW. If you get mad at other players, you will be penalized for acting out of anger rather than acting out of reason or kindness.

And if this is the sort of player you are choosing to be, then the bans are telling you that the community does not want you here and wants you gone.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SeCKS Egai

Senior Member

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshun Bastard View Post
You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

A level 25-30 ADC with all their runes will simply DOMINATE a level 15 ADC due to just the AD they get from runes/masteries alone.
That's entirely untrue - if that were the case, a level 30 would not dominate another level 30.

Skill levels vary amongst level 30s, and do so amongst the lower levels. If the level 30 is as skilled as the level 15, then yes there's advantage. But if the level 15 is significantly better than the 30, than those runes aren't going to show a noticeable difference.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SeCKS Egai

Senior Member

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonorableGeneral View Post
And here we reach the inherent problem.

You raging or insulting a player is your fault, not anyone elses. Raging at a troll only satisfies their desire to see you get mad. Raging at a legitimate player only makes them play worse.

If you rage, expect to be banned. This is not CoD. This is not WoW. If you get mad at other players, you will be penalized for acting out of anger rather than acting out of reason or kindness.

And if this is the sort of player you are choosing to be, then the bans are telling you that the community does not want you here and wants you gone.
Yep, if you're smurfing because of a ban - you should be fixing what got you banned, otherwise your smurf will end up having the same fate. Before my 5th game I ran into someone telling me he was smurfing because of a suspension, and he was worst than beginner Ai.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HonorableGeneral

Senior Member

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSeCKSx View Post
Yep, if you're smurfing because of a ban - you should be fixing what got you banned, otherwise your smurf will end up having the same fate. Before my 5th game I ran into someone telling me he was smurfing because of a suspension, and he was worst than beginner Ai.
How is that even possible?

I mean, beginner AI doesn't last-hit properly, tower-dives like crazy, doesn't react to ganking...

... How?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NiceDynamite

Senior Member

02-17-2013

To anyone who thinks runes don't make a difference, you're clearly wrong. Not going to argue over it.

And telling people that they shouldn't play ranked because they are bad isn't what's ruining the game.

It's the kids who get all pissy because I said that, and who report for absolutely any/everything that are ruining the game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HonorableGeneral

Senior Member

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshun Bastard View Post
To anyone who thinks runes don't make a difference, you're clearly wrong. Not going to argue over it.

And telling people that they shouldn't play ranked because they are bad isn't what's ruining the game.

It's the kids who get all pissy because I said that, and who report for absolutely any/everything that are ruining the game.
Telling people that they are bad does nothing to help them in the current game.

What is your goal, to get them to stop playing ranked? How will that affect you - in your current game you HAVE to play with them, so whether they choose to play ranked in the future will probably not affect you assuming they are as bad as you say (and thus they will drop and you will never queue with them again).

If you verbally abuse your team by putting them down, you deserve every ban you get. I would not pardon the case of someone who verbally puts-down their own team, even if their own team is full of trolls.

Maintaining self-control is how you win games. Teams that are friendly are more coherent, tend to listen to each other better, and tend to play more strategically. If you are telling your teammates that they are bad, then they will see themselves as bad and most likely throw the game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SeCKS Egai

Senior Member

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonorableGeneral View Post
How is that even possible?

I mean, beginner AI doesn't last-hit properly, tower-dives like crazy, doesn't react to ganking...

... How?
They exist, and if I lag enough, I end up that way too.

Beginner Ai does react to ganking, just very slowly. Its not that they don't last-hit properly as they don't "last-hit" at all, they simply hit minions.

I've seen a number of players worse than beginner ai since I've started. I understand it from lower levels, but from 30s or people who have 30s, its really sad.