At level 20, why am I matched with level 30s?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NiceDynamite

02-17-2013

Leveling up an account with a buddy of mine, we both just hit 20.

But we've noticed from the 18+ mark, we're going against like level 30 champs. Highly unfair, since they have the huge benefit of all runes, masteries, etc.

What the hell kind of logic is this? How about not letting level 30's queue up with level 15s, because it makes it ridiculously unfair.

Nothing like running our normal ADC/Support duo, getting terribly beat in lane, then having my team say "report bot lane for feeding."

>inb4 runes don't make a difference. K. Make a level 1 then go against my 30.

HonorableGeneral

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshun Bastard View Post
What the hell kind of logic is this? How about not letting level 30's queue up with level 15s, because it makes it ridiculously unfair.
Can't queue with my level 15 friend?

KK, make smurf and troll it up so I can reach his level and we can queue together.

NiceDynamite

02-17-2013

You queuing with your buddy ruin it for people who are far below you level wise.

SeCKS Egai

02-17-2013

If you're running up against 30's regularly, you're probably having the similar MMR rating as they do.

I only see lower levels in my games when I queue with other lower levels.

It's true that a level 30 has an advantage over a level 20 of equal skill - the likelihood is that the skill levels aren't equal.

xMorriganx

02-17-2013

This happens to me often too, some times the whole team is 30, and then they say something in chat like "Sorry we're 30".... this is ridiculous...

NiceDynamite

02-17-2013

And its even worse when I'm matched with like level 10s.

Earlier, me and a buddy noticed a Zyra get easily dominated. We asked what level she was.

She says 13, and that she is solo queuing.

How does a level 13 get matched with 20+ from not being with a friend?

HonorableGeneral

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshun Bastard View Post
You queuing with your buddy ruin it for people who are far below you level wise.
If I want to queue with my friend, I'm going to.

Either I can queue with my 30 account or I can queue with a smurf.

Riot allows 30s to queue with non-30s to discourage smurfing, which is already prevalent enough without giving non-smurfing players an excuse to start smurfing.

NiceDynamite

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonorableGeneral View Post

Riot allows 30s to queue with non-30s to discourage smurfing, which is already prevalent enough without giving non-smurfing players an excuse to start smurfing.
Thanks for ruining my experience with the game

If Riot didn't allow children to dole out punishments in the Tribunal, or if people didn't get all pissy because I tell them they suck and feed, I wouldn't be suspended and wouldn't have to smurf.

SeCKS Egai

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonorableGeneral View Post

Based on my fresh smurf account - they're are a ton of smurfs running around. Out of my first 10 games, 8 have been wins, 2 losses and by the third game I had to put in some real effort as the competition has gotten significantly better. I haven't even cleared level 7 yet.

NiceDynamite

02-17-2013

I would say a good majority, probably more than half of all accounts under level 30 are smurfs.