Remove surrendering

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Theou Aegis

02-17-2013

Not only does the Surrender macro encourage poor sportsmanship, it is also frequently abused and sometimes even more detrimental to actual gameplay.

Abuse: A player can spam the surrender macro every 2 minutes. Said player dies. Tries to surrender. Team tells him to piss off. Two minutes later he feeds and then tries to surrender again to prove a point. Team gets very annoyed and pissed off at the feeder.

Detriment: Sometimes the surrender box will pop up right over an enemy champion and cause an attack to not go through> It also seems to reset its position either every game or every session, so simply moving it out of the way doesn't help. You shouldn't even have to move it out of the way. A little message in the chat box might be a better idea.

Sportsmanship: "OMG we just lost a team fight let's surrender!" Half my games result in surrenders because of that bull****. Riot has tried so hard to turn this game into a deathmatch-style MMO that over half the players here forgot it's not over until the nexus falls. I have won games where the kill ratio was 27 to 132. It's not over until the nexus falls. I just recently won a 4v5 match without a single AD on our team and only 1 nexus turret left in our base because it's not over until the nexus falls.

Even a fed ADC can be countered by mid and especially by late game. This isn't a deathmatch, it's a counter-turret defense game. People need to be reminded how to play it like it was meant to be played.
The surrender macro is retarded and needs to be removed. Force teams to push if they don't want to be stuck playing for over an hour, because as long as a losing team doesn't surrender, they can still turn it around. The surrender macro instead encourages players to lose on purpose so they can end the game sooner.

awkwardbowman

02-17-2013

Sounds like you get stuck with crappy people then.
I suggest a surrender, but even if it fails, I still play and try to win. I'd rather not have to force myself though the agony of waiting 5-10 minutes to lose while they slowly push down every tower we have.
But I do have to say, there's no need to surrender to preserve your ranked stats anymore since it doesn't show.
But most of the time, if it's a blind game or something, I'd rather just end it and move on instead of banking on the 1% chance they mess up enough for us to win.

buneter

02-17-2013

no because I have been in those games where the enemy team wont finish it even after begging them and surrender is the only reason im not in that game today

Kythadrin

02-20-2013

Was in a match last night we were up 38-20 in kills. My team started throwing the game down mid going in 1 at a time while their 5 man pushed our mid. They took 2 towers, inhibitor and then the last 2 towers and won the game. The kills were 38-26. Case in point, the game is never over.

YoshinFriends

02-20-2013

I don't think they should remove surrendering, but maybe only allow every player to attempt to surrender twice, or they they can only surrender every ten minutes

awkwardbowman

02-20-2013

I like Yoshin's idea of limiting surrender votes to a longer cooldown but PER PLAYER.
So your team can suggest it only once per 2 minutes, but each person can only do it once per 5 mintues or so. That would be nice.

Sleemburg

02-21-2013

dude this kids retarded
if you took out surrender this game would turn to ****

awkwardbowman

02-21-2013

I think it's funny that you believe the only thing that makes this game good is that you can surrender.

The Lord Impaler

02-22-2013

Increase the surrender timer to 2 minutes PER NO VOTE on the last vote.

BlackBeast41

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by awkwardbowman View Post
I like Yoshin's idea of limiting surrender votes to a longer cooldown but PER PLAYER.
So your team can suggest it only once per 2 minutes, but each person can only do it once per 5 minutes or so. That would be nice.
This is the best suggestion I've seen so far.