Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I dont even know what to say about Taric.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rad

02-17-2013

I love Taric. I always have, and i always will. I main solo top, so naturally, i started solo top taric, and it is one of the greatest things i've ever done, in terms of having fun, and playing well. One of the main reasons i love him, is because his purely amazing passive. His sustain is unmatched, and makes him an amazing champ to play.

But upon hearing the new change to his passive, I nearly died inside. I had to see it for myself, and playing it, i have this to say;

To make any use of it, its either build mana Nothing else; losing armor and magic resist, and health; never getting that mana that you're building so far into back for the lack of his old
amazing passive, or,
just ignore it, building support or what have you,
and not have a passive at all, seeing as you wont build any mana.

I hate it. And i hate that all players reviewing it love it, because their only building the mana. Meaning they really haven't done much else with it. I've even asked players that said they loved it if they liked his old passive. They said they didn't even know what it was.
Great. We have people giving feedback to a change they don't even know what they changed in the first place.

I know this post wont make a change in any real way, because the chances of Riot doing undoing the change is 0. Due to; Players that say its good complaining that it "DISSAPEARED OUT OF THIN AIR RIOT PLS"; or just not caring. But i'd just like to say why i honestly hate this change with all my being, Y'know, as an experienced Taric player.

Drakylon

02-17-2013

Frozen Heart would like a word with you.

Rad

02-17-2013

He says in the league of armor shredding.

Not Much U

02-17-2013

I believe it's a fine change to Taric. Though his mana regen in the lane can be attrocious at times, the manacost reductions on dazzle and W(which he is using far more than Q) are helping that fact.

Saying you need to build mana to make use of his passive is like saying you need damage to make use of his old one. Which is innacurate. With your base mana, you can hit champs for abou 28 bonus magic damage. His armor ratio on W adds extra burst, though his aura is nerfed to compensate.

All in all Taric is being pushed into a more aggressive play. His burst has been very big for a while now, and the bonus armor ration, although not big, adds extra damage in the early game which hurts as well. The biggest sacrifice to his extra damage early game would be mana sustain, which you should cover with itemization.

This change also opened up a bit more options considering his builds and roles. I tested him in the jungle, and he's great when ganking, especially a mid lane with no escape. Two hits of his passive could mean a lot of bonus damage (i believe, without any mana runes/masteries/items, it's around 68 bonus damage with two hits), and he brings a strong form of crowd control, plus can simply pressure the lane for a moment with E-W-hit-hit and then healing your ally, if the enemy is too beefy for a single gank to kill him.

Also, i think his itemization outside of the support role is great. You can go as-on hit build with something like muramana, a health item(RoA, Rylai, Warmogs) and an attack speed item(Nashor's). As a burst caster, he makes good use of Deathfire-Rabadon-Voidstaff combo. As a support, he can most certainly use the standard build or improvize.

Though the viability of his "new" builds is questionable, I'd like to try them all personally. I still stand by what I said though, Taric is being pushed into an aggressive support quite well.

Crypsix

02-17-2013

Taric was a very strong support, but late game was just an Aura/Stun Bot.

What they did was try to make his theme more apparent.

Back in the day, the passive was amazing because of his old ultimate that would make him a frontline menance. He would constantly heal himself over time with his mana, and since he healed mana by damage dealt, you could get pretty scary.

Then they decided they wanted him to be more of a team player, so they made his ult into a buff/damage. But they forgot that the passive was near useless now since the meta shifted.

In this case, they went and changed it so better suit his playstyle. You can still play him as a support, but he got a bit weaker on the passive play. His aggressive play, however, got a buff that should be interested to see in action in tournaments. This also opened up paths for him going Top and still being able to help his team.

LtEarthworm

02-17-2013

roflstomp lane (because Taric does that anyways)
Get Tear/Emblem of Valor
roflstomp some more
Get Manamune and Aegis. Do damage. Be tanky.

XXIV

02-17-2013

My top lane taric doesn't build any tankier than most bruisers and I've yet to purchase Warmogs.

Aakesh

02-17-2013

Taric the melee Ryze

Lil Gave Gave

02-17-2013

Boots, Ice Gauntlet, RoA, Muramana, Banshee's, 6th item doesnt matter.

Agatio

Recruiter

02-18-2013

Quote:
Chancees:
Boots, Ice Gauntlet, RoA, Muramana, Banshee's, 6th item doesnt matter.

Bloodthirster. Truly, truly, outrageous.