Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

BotRK is too damn strong!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noric

02-17-2013

Quote:
Pika Fox:
Getting this isnt the best choice for early damage nor is it the best choice for killing a squishy target.

If you check the math... you might want to double check this statement.

Faptain Teemo

02-17-2013

Suddenly you realize this thing called grievous wounds is the counter to BotRK

>.>

Don't nerf the lifesteal. GW/ignite sucks it down to 15%. Learn to counter lifesteal, guys.

Pika Fox

02-17-2013

Quote:
Noric:
If you check the math... you might want to double check this statement.

I highly doubt this will do as much damage on an ADC as an IE will first buy...

Noric

02-17-2013

Quote:
Pika Fox:
I highly doubt this will do as much damage on an ADC as an IE will first buy...

1100 gold difference... if you turn that into other items - my bet is on BoRK.

Pika Fox

02-17-2013

Quote:
Noric:
1100 gold difference... if you turn that into other items - my bet is on BoRK.

BoRK gives low AD and has diminishing returns per auto attack, since its % current health. Ontop of that, enemies wont have loads of HP that early.

Noric

02-17-2013

Quote:
Pika Fox:
BoRK gives low AD and has diminishing returns per auto attack, since its % current health. Ontop of that, enemies wont have loads of HP that early.

Not arguing this - but it also does happen to have like 1200 gold of AS built in.

edit: Lets compare BoRK + pickaxe to Ie (moderately similar gold costs - ie costs more).

If you average out crit with ie passive into the damage you gain off of IE hits - that is 96 damage an AAs

Adding BoRK + pickaxe have a combined AD of 55.

So 96-55 = 41 damage difference without BoRK's passive.

The big question is how does 5% of current hp compare to 41 damage.

I'm going to suggest(my logic may be flawed) that you estimate the dps of current damage as %max hp on half of the targets hp.

If the champions have 1000hp

that would make it 25 per hit on BoRK passive.

Factoring that in makes it a per hit advantage of 16 to Ie.... and then you factor in 40% AS.

note: without an established level of AD - i cannot apply that to the crit/crit bonus damage to your other ad. I would be happy to rework this with if any level is agreed upon.

Pika Fox

02-17-2013

Quote:
Noric:
Not arguing this - but it also does happen to have like 1200 gold of AS built in.

Yes, but since you have low AD, the extra AS and life restoration wont grant you much. Youll be relying on the 5% current HP/hit for damage, and youll have fairly low sustain for an actual fight. Grabbing an IE or BC would probably net more damage overall since youll get more AD and the early multipliers you actually want (penetration or crit).

Noric

02-17-2013

Quote:
Pika Fox:
Yes, but since you have low AD, the extra AS and life restoration wont grant you much. Youll be relying on the 5% current HP/hit for damage, and youll have fairly low sustain for an actual fight. Grabbing an IE or BC would probably net more damage overall since youll get more AD and the early multipliers you actually want (penetration or crit).

I'm not sure you are aware - but at lvl 7 on a vayne with no damage items other than BoRK - you heal for 37 hp per hit. So sustain isn't an issue.

As for damage - i just did some math in the post above.

Oh and if you are talking about lifesteal - go ahead and add another 800 to ie to make it cost 4600. That way you can easily change the pickaxe to a BFS in calculations for BoRK.

Pika Fox

02-17-2013

Quote:
Noric:
I'm not sure you are aware - but at lvl 7 on a vayne with no damage items other than BoRK - you heal for 37 hp per hit. So sustain isn't an issue.

As for damage - i just did some math in the post above.

37/hit is fine for lane, but not really in a teamfight. Lifesteal wont do much for you without the AD to back it up. The only reason it would be decent on vayne as a first buy is because she has an inbuilt AD steroid iirc, and the AS stacks with her W. AD is something you want early on, with a little gold put aside for some lane sustain if needed (or just go bloodthirster for both).

Noric

02-17-2013

Quote:
Pika Fox:
37/hit is fine for lane, but not really in a teamfight. Lifesteal wont do much for you without the AD to back it up. The only reason it would be decent on vayne as a first buy is because she has an inbuilt AD steroid iirc, and the AS stacks with her W. AD is something you want early on, with a little gold put aside for some lane sustain if needed (or just go bloodthirster for both).

Are you telling me that you want to compare the sustain of vamp scept + ie(4600 gold) to the sustain of BoRK(2700 gold)?

By the time you can afford ie scept you could have a BFS to increase your damage.. or a lot of AS to make your per hit more effective.

AD is something you want early - because AS and AD scale off of each other(and "alone" ad is more effective). It just so happens that AS scales off of 5% current hp too... so don't underestimate it.