Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

BotRK is too damn strong!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IoIfaiI

02-17-2013

Edit 2: Well BotRK has been changed! It now gives 15% lifesteal and the active was increased to 15% of max hp.
http://www.reignofgaming.net/news/23247-unofficial-pbe-patch-notes-for-2-19-2013

I've been playing a lot with BotRK recently and I think the active is extremely strong, as well as the passive 30% of total AD lifesteal.

Any auto attack oriented champion that benefits from sustain can no longer be countered by armor. Fiora for example is hard countered by armor stacking as she loses the ability to trade with her opponents. With this new item she is able to win her lane by simply rushing BotRK, as it gives her amazing sustain and trading ability, along with a ranged cc ability to let her get in range to combo.

The biggest change I think needs to be made to the item is the 30% total AD lifesteal passive, which should be lowered significantly (down to 20-15%?).

The item's active is also extremely strong as it not only has a 550 range (makes it very viable for ranged carries and gives new gap closers and escape to melee champs who lack cc) but the slow/speed lasts 4 seconds and can instantely (no travel time life DFG or gunblade) heal and damage for a very substantial amount.

And finally the last tweak I also think is needed is a reduction in attack speed (to 30% maybe) As building two daggers (24% AS) and 500g combine cost is giving tons of free stats (it already gives the amazing passive/active it doesn't need to give an additional 16% AS or 533g worth of AS!)

EDIT:
Since this post is still on the first page, I thought I'd share some of my test results with you guys.

The same champions just auto attacking each other, both with the same rune setup and masteries, one with BT, the other with BotRK. The champion with BotRK ends up winning with 30% hp left (that's without even using it's active!).

Then both champions get their second item and zerker greaves. Champion 1 has PD and BT and Champion 2 has BT and BotRK (I feel that BT after BotRK have the best synergy). This time Champion 2 wins with a bit over 40% hp (still without using active).

Finally, both champions build two chain vests and a giants belt to simulate fighting a bruiser (this test could be done a little more properly by actually fighting a target with the same items). This time the BT BotRK combinations came out with about 60% life (again active not used)

I know these tests aren't 100% precise, but the fact that the champion who wins the duel lives with so much hp left with an item that costs less, it's clear to see that BotRK is a very cost efficient item, that does exceptionally well in team fight as well (allows to better 1v1 that pesky Sunfire/Warmogs bruiser)

IonDragonX

02-17-2013

Love your user name.
Not going to down vote but I don't completely agree with you.
Reducing the 30% to 20% is as much as I'll concede.
That's only IF they don't reduce the active effect for Ranged champs. The Iceborn Gauntlet and the Trinity Force already have differentials for Melee/Ranged, so I think it should apply here.

Noric

02-17-2013

Quote:
IonDragonX:

That's only IF they don't reduce the active effect for Ranged champs. The Iceborn Gauntlet and the Trinity Force already have differentials for Melee/Ranged, so I think it should apply here.

Why? BoRK is already amazing on bruisers - i don't see why it should get weaker on ranged.. if it needs nerfing - nerf it all.

IntrospectionMan

02-17-2013

I honestly love the item, and would hate to see it mega nerfed, but I think the active is a wee bit too strong. Nerfing the duration of the slow and the amount it heals would nice, easy fixes to the problem.

Talamare

02-17-2013

Seriously nerf it all

I dont want to see Black Cleaver v2

Worst Eve NA

02-17-2013

Quote:
Talamare:
Seriously nerf it all

I dont want to see Black Cleaver v2

This one is better we get to kill league of warmogs!

Noric

02-17-2013

Quote:
Tousmio:
This one is better we get to kill league of warmogs!

It does - but it doesn't. Bruisers love BoRK so it the same champions that like warmogs would probably stay around building BoRK - followed by sunfire randuins.

IonDragonX

02-17-2013

Quote:
Noric:
Why? BoRK is already amazing on bruisers - i don't see why it should get weaker on ranged.. if it needs nerfing - nerf it all.

Because of its interaction with Hurricane.

Noric

02-17-2013

Quote:
IonDragonX:
Because of its interaction with Hurricane.

It's interaction with hurricane should either not exist - or have like 33% effectiveness on the secondary bolts at most.

Pika Fox

02-17-2013

In all honesty, this item is mainly to counter health stacking. Xeph even said he doesnt mind bruisers getting it since its an anti bruiser item, so it will mainly destroy bruisers. Getting this isnt the best choice for early damage nor is it the best choice for killing a squishy target.

Also, mele carries need something like this so that they cant be instantly forgotten by buying a single armor item. This at least gives them the CHANCE to do their job and penta kill the enemy team. The counter to a mele hypercarry shoulddnt be "buy resists", it should be "CC and burst him asap".

Although it may need some fine tuning on the HP restore, yes.