Mordekaiser Fail or Good for 3v3?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

emomiime

02-17-2013

Hey guys have not been able to find any season 3 posts about how well Morde can 3v3 so is Morde good at 3v3 or would you suggest some one else?

Dyshana

02-17-2013

I use him often. He is very strong in teamfights and his ult pretty much means an early turret. The issue I have with him is being able to farm without pushing. He is incredibly gankable. If you get caught out, you're basically dead unless you're way ahead.

Just stay behind your team and try to play safe until you get spell vamp and AP. I typically go revolver > sorc's > wooglet's > blackfire > wota. Adding defenses in between if needed.

awkwardbowman

02-17-2013

he's pretty good. If you can get the ult off and live, you pretty much can't lose the fight. And since everyone is tanky in 3v3, you get a nice shield when you ult, it's %hp, AND you get a giant meatshield to tank turrets. But it really all depends on you staying alive.

KakeManz

02-17-2013

I have yet to see a good morde honestly.. and a lot of people play him, even in ranked. My only advice I can give for an attempt at morde is to play super passively in the early game. Otherwise you end up pushing hard, and with no escape you'll be punished hard for being caught even ever so slightly out of position. Not only that, but against all those bruisers you don't do much damage in the early game so you don't even build up much of a sheild. However late game, if you make it that far, you'll be doing a lot better.

Me and my ranked 3 team sometimes make a fun game out of seeing how early we can dive the morde who's all by himself. With no cc, no damage, and no escape on the poor little guy, it's a pretty easy game.

Kryye

02-18-2013

If you can hold out until endgame, you'll be able to win 1v3 as Morde. I've literally seen him heal from 10% to 100% health with one spell. half the time you can't even break this shield while he's killing you in two hits. His ult with a full build will do about 60% max health with BFT ticking for an additional 20% max health over the duration for a total of 80% max health by pressing one button(I'm not even exaggerating, look at the scaling), and it turns the game into a 4v2.

Everyone in this thread is talking about how he can't escape, what they're forgetting is that Mordekaiser doesn't need to escape. His passive is basically +700 heath and +35% spell vamp. All of his regular abilities do massive AOE damage and his ult hits for 80% max health with a BFT. If you're trying to 3 man gank him then you're really doing him a favor by giving him maximum usage out of all his abilities.

ZenithZephyr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2013

Mord is great but his early game is weak. He loses top to almost all bruisers levels 1-3. He can't generate enough shield in a burst if they gap close you, and he can't spam to keep it up due to HP costs. Another big weakness is that all his skills are AoE, meaning you can't harass without pushing your lane and making yourself vulnerable to an eager jungler.

Late game he tanks hard while dishing out respectable damage if he isn't chain CCd and his ult can turn a losing game into a winning game. Look at what all his ult actually does.

Let's say Mord has a modest 200 AP (Full build will be considerably higher)

42% HP Damage (half upfront)
Mord Heals 42% of their HP (half upfront)
Mord gains 14.7% of their HP in shield (half upfront)

That alone is a 98.7% effective lifeswing (half upfront)

If you secure the kill Mord gains a Ghost copy that deals that auto-attacks. This ghost benefits from their Armor penetration, and applies on hit effects including items like Frozen Mallet and Black Cleaver, and has all their passive and on-hit effects (Evelyn ghost will stealth, Ashe's Q if it is toggled on when she dies, Jarvan's On-Hit passive etc). The only passive on-hit effect I have seen his ghost not apply is Jax's ult, likely because Ghost Jax can't receive buffs.

Ghost Olaf? Darius? Insane power.

But wait, there's more!

Many people forget morde also gains 20% of the characters AD and AP.

Bonus AD scales into your Q which is magic damage and affected by your magic pen.
Bonus AP scales into all your skills of course.

So even if you target a fed AP carry who's ghost is relatively weak, the bonus AP can still give you a huge power buff.

Bonus! Mord ghost can cap altars! If you both stand on it, it will increase as though there were two champs on it, or if you are low on life you can cap the altar with the ghost from the safety of the bush.

All these factors together make Morde's ult one of the strongest in the game, imo.

Most importantly, as I mentioned at the beginning, Morde's ult can turn a losing game into a winning one. It directly scales with your opponent's HP, AD, and AP. Even if you are behind you can turn your opponent's advantage against them. If you're in a position where you can't focus down a single champ, well I guess you can't win them all.

Lex Lexington

02-18-2013

For soloqueue I honestly wouldn't recommend him over safer champions. His lane phase is really risky and he can’t farm effectively without pushing and paying for it. Without good jungle support you’re likely to give out free kills to early ganks and then get blamed for it, resulting in a loss, a headache, and a report.

On the other hand, if you have a buddy who’s willing to babysit you a little through the early game and a top laner who’s cool with fending for himself, then I’d highly recommend Mordekaiser. If you can at least go neutral in the lane phase, then you will likely become the strongest member of either team in the endgame. Morde’s late game scaling is absurdly good and he reaches a point where he can just do asinine stuff and get away with it.

DSxZero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2013

he is very powerful in 3v3, his ult is a game changer and at early levels, people have trouble bursting his shield. the only issue is his escape, which he has none. you need to have good map awareness esp on this map. i tend to just push to middle of lane, maybe slightly more and goto jungle.

KakeManz

02-18-2013

See all I'm seeing here is, "Morde's early game kinda sucks, but man if you get late game you can solo that ****"

Problem: TT is packed to the brim with champs that will completely dominate in early game, even with broken champs if you go 0/5 in the first 10 minutes it's going to be a long recovery, and in a map that games tend to last 25-35 minutes, you probably won't get that recovery.

In order to have a good morde you must have: Great skill with playing him early game and recognizing his extreme boundries early on. An amazing premade team with great communication who are willing to babysit you. And patience, lots and lots of patience.

Or you could have this: everyone on your team picks decent champs who have a better early game or a better escape mechanism, a team who doesn't necessarily have to worry about always covering one guy for 15 minutes just so he can be decent then eventually turn into a beast, and a team that eventually doesn't just rely on ONE guy that goes into the front line. Morde can be great, but any smart team would eventually be able to kill him, and well since you put so much time and energy into caring for and raising this morde, the rest of the team is cake.

Morde story time #2: Team fight, I am only survivor out of both teams. Grab health relic, life steal some health back to full, go back door a tower. Morde spawns first (you know, since he died first in the fight) He comes to defend the tower. I take his load and tower hits. Tower gets destroyed and I walk away with half health because morde couldn't do anything to me despite my only mr item being merc treads because he was 1/4 and had no cs since he was constantly being shut down hard in lane and because of all that he couldn't function in team fights properly and the rest of his team suffered from not having a third competent person.

But srsly. Don't pick morde.

ZenithZephyr

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KakeManz View Post
See all I'm seeing here is, "Morde's early game kinda sucks, but man if you get late game you can solo that ****"

Problem: TT is packed to the brim with champs that will completely dominate in early game, even with broken champs if you go 0/5 in the first 10 minutes it's going to be a long recovery, and in a map that games tend to last 25-35 minutes, you probably won't get that recovery.

In order to have a good morde you must have: Great skill with playing him early game and recognizing his extreme boundries early on. An amazing premade team with great communication who are willing to babysit you. And patience, lots and lots of patience.

Or you could have this: everyone on your team picks decent champs who have a better early game or a better escape mechanism, a team who doesn't necessarily have to worry about always covering one guy for 15 minutes just so he can be decent then eventually turn into a beast, and a team that eventually doesn't just rely on ONE guy that goes into the front line. Morde can be great, but any smart team would eventually be able to kill him, and well since you put so much time and energy into caring for and raising this morde, the rest of the team is cake.

Morde story time #2: Team fight, I am only survivor out of both teams. Grab health relic, life steal some health back to full, go back door a tower. Morde spawns first (you know, since he died first in the fight) He comes to defend the tower. I take his load and tower hits. Tower gets destroyed and I walk away with half health because morde couldn't do anything to me despite my only mr item being merc treads because he was 1/4 and had no cs since he was constantly being shut down hard in lane and because of all that he couldn't function in team fights properly and the rest of his team suffered from not having a third competent person.

But srsly. Don't pick morde.
If you can't get to level 4 in 25-35 minutes, I don't know what to tell you. In this context the term "late game" refers to the common latter part of a Twisted Treeline game, not an SR game. Your story is ridiculous, cherry-picked, hyperbole. Try facts next time. No, anecdotes aren't considered facts without evidence.