New Ultimate Katarina Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Melonyan

10-28-2010

Sorc shoes
Dorans blade
Dorans blade
Dorans blade
Dorans blade
Atmas impaler

Sell dorans, Warmog, sell dorans BT, sell dorans BT. Buy fort pots for more health and damage. ^^

If enemy team is stacking magic resist remember buy Void Staff ! Have fun

sirk24

10-28-2010

This is so crazy...it just might work!

Kamaro

10-28-2010

Looks quite interesting! I really like the idea!

Surgentia

10-28-2010

Instead of getting 4 Doran's Blades for a total of 24 dmg, 480 health, and lifesteal that doesn't even matter, I'd rather get a BF Sword for double the damge, making my Ult hit much harder. And why Warmogs? Kat doesnt need loads of health. She hops in to the fight after most of the Enemy's disables are on cooldown and unloads her ult. After that, she's practically useless aside from a little BB or Shunpo damage (Which dorans blades won't help much at all). She's honestly a one-trick pony. Either stack AD or AP. Buy anything else and you're hindering the damage she can put out on her ult, which means you are a useless Kat.

kijik

10-28-2010

I grab a randuins for the slow and so you don't get nuked before you even have a chance to use the ult, not to mention ad bouncing blades still hit fairly hard.

WithoutSkill

10-28-2010

Warmogs aint that bad on AD Kat ... Its helps alot for ulting and not dying in tight spots.

If the scary ones are physical champs I sometimes go for randuins but its not as good agaisnt magic as warmogs because randuins give only a little hp.

deMorphine

10-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surgentia View Post
Instead of getting 4 Doran's Blades for a total of 24 dmg, 480 health, and lifesteal that doesn't even matter, I'd rather get a BF Sword for double the damge, making my Ult hit much harder. And why Warmogs? Kat doesnt need loads of health. She hops in to the fight after most of the Enemy's disables are on cooldown and unloads her ult. After that, she's practically useless aside from a little BB or Shunpo damage (Which dorans blades won't help much at all). She's honestly a one-trick pony. Either stack AD or AP. Buy anything else and you're hindering the damage she can put out on her ult, which means you are a useless Kat.
Man, you're really stupid!

HiPpOnInJa

10-28-2010

5 Bloodthirsters and Sorc boots on Kat is my favorite build.

Melonyan

10-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surgentia View Post
The health from the dorans blade synergises with the 2% health to damage passive from Atma's impaler. 4 Dorans blades, sorceress shoes and atma's impaler cost 5240 gold, which is easily obtainable even with a bad start. Comparably, you could have bought two BF swords, sorc shoes, and your starting dorans for the same price. Doing so will give you +33 more damage than the dorans/atma's build, but you will have much lower effective health which leads to you being overall less team fight viable.

When your health is so low it's easy for a caster to blow you up in one combo it limits when you can go in to a team fight and you're delegated to just cleaning up. With a higher health build you can shunpo in to the fight and BB early, you will be sure to get all of the assists from anyone dying to refresh your cooldowns for even more shunpo and BB, and you will tank some damage for the ranged DPS on your team.

Also the warmog's is really essential to this build, once you get it you become very tanky, you will be almost as hard to kill as the actual tank on your team. If you were in a solo lane and doing especially well you may be even tankier than your actual "tank". The warmogs will also provide you with ~+20 AD thanks to atma's. This is when you've achieved what I like to call "garen-status". You're extremely hard to kill to the point where any attempts to do so will just lead to frusteration for the enemy, but at the same time you still have enough damage that you can't be ignored.

The typical problem for the AD build, is that while it has more damage it's extremely squishy and has less utility than an AP build. With this build you have comparable damage with an AP build, while trading some small utility for a drastic increase in survivability.

sirk24

10-28-2010

i read your "guide" last night and thought i would give it a try. Of the 5 games i've played (in solo 5 v 5) I have won all of them while having a relatively easy time (for Kat) of staying alive while still dishing out damage. I've been playing against a lot of harassers recently so i've been getting a doran's shield then working my way up to boots and the rest of it. While a little more expensive, it adds much needed survivability. All in all, I really like it.

By the way, I'm using a 9/13/8 mastery build and i go for mpen marks, dodge seals, cd blues, and flat hp quints.

What runes masteries do you use?