Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

AP/AS Kogmaw?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Symbol

02-17-2013

I'm considering buying Kog after my next game, and reading his abilities, I was thinking that I could maybe build him like I build Kayle. Malady, Nashors Tooth, Rabadon, etc, and capitalize on Arcane Barrage with % hp damage.

I can't find any guides on people building him like this and I think it would be good with the HP stacking that's going on now. Viable? Any suggestions? Thanks.

HOMO KPOP

02-17-2013

Kog is just really squishy and lets say you get 400 AP, Arcane Barrage maxes out at 10% of enemy's max HP. But I don't recommend malady, still need Tears for spamming R.

But AP Kog will always be about the ultimate. Besides, the majority of kills will be because of E/Q burst, ultimate. To me, arcane barrage is really only there for killing tanks with a lot of armor/mr.

Z The Slayer

02-17-2013

Hmm...
Athene's, Runaan's, Malady, Liandry's, and Guardian Angel with Sorc Boots. I like it. You won't need to focus a squishy; all you'll need to do is focus whoever's close by. I wouldn't bother getting Rabadon's, since your ult doesn't have a great AP ratio. It'd be much better to focus on the base damages you already have.

Interestingly enough, Morellonomicon works well with Runaan's on Kog, since the 'nom's passive is inflicted with any magic damage, including those from on-hit effects. That, combined with Runaan's additional hits, and you can effectively shut down health regen on 3 different targets permanently.

Would make a viable swap with Guardian Angel if you are just dominating. This also nearly maxes out your CDR to 35%, meaning your Arcane Barrage is almost always up. (35% with 17 sec CD is 11 seconds, lasts for 8 seconds. 3 seconds of downtime=AWESOME) This also sky rockets your mana regen, meaning you can spam your spells (since Athene's scales with mana regen, not mana capacity). I should totally buy Kog and try this.