New elo system actually less toxic?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Worst Iee sin

02-17-2013

So I had quit ranked about a month ago, after playing about 20 games. Although I won half, I was sick of players being more toxic in ranked than in draft normals. Since then, draft normals was all I played.

However, today I just played another ranked, just to see what the new elo system is like. I was amazed, because everyone worked together and played well. There were none of the standard trolls/feeders that plagued all my previous ranked games. Honestly, the game shocked me, because the gameplay was better than in normals.

Now, I only played one game, and it may have been quite unusual. So, was this game not typical, or has the new elo system weeded out the toxic players(seems unlikely lol)?

So, what's everyone's opinion. Is the new elo system less toxic?

ROKAF JE

02-17-2013

I've always liked Solo queue, but prefer the new system.

Jerjare

02-17-2013

People are more goal-driven, because the new system gives you a much better idea how you are progressing. If you are up for promotion, then you know in a very concrete manner that if you win the next 2/3 games you will go up to the next division. People up for promotion aren't going to mess around because they want to move up the ranks. So that helps.

I've also heard that part of your score on a win/loss is based on your individual performance- so even if you lose if you had a really good K/D ratio (ie you tried your best in spite of your team) its not as punishing as if you got stomped or were trolling. This gives people a way to motivate themselves to really try even if it looks like your team will probably lose.

Worst Iee sin

02-17-2013

so has anyone else noticed a nicer community in ranked? or is it just me?

debating whether to try another ranked game.. but im thinking it was just an unusual game

JevelFaithful

02-17-2013

I'd like to point this is the first thread where I see people actually happy with the new system. It's pretty good to hear.

Disclaimer : I don't play ranked so my only experience is form the forums. And the average forum user is more lickely to be a hater than a lover. So the opinion of the forum in general is not all that precise.

Worst Iee sin

02-17-2013

that's exactly y im asking other's opinions

everything on the forums is negative, so im quite confused

SirBetalot

02-17-2013

I've noticed the exact opposite.

In ELO 1300-1400 I always had decent teamates.

In silver division I have an onslaught of feeders, afks and trolls. Can't even get a 1 to 1 ratio games with good teamates vs bad teamates.

ROKAF JE

02-17-2013

I don't know if it's a nicer community, that's hit or miss. I don't whine or rage, maybe that helps.
When I need help, I ask for it.
When I don't get it, we lose.
When others need help, I do my best.
When I don't help them, we lose.
There's a pattern to ranked. ^

ROKAF JE

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statiqhock View Post
I'd like to point this is the first thread where I see people actually happy with the new system. It's pretty good to hear.

Disclaimer : I don't play ranked so my only experience is form the forums. And the average forum user is more lickely to be a hater than a lover. So the opinion of the forum in general is not all that precise.

The people who come to the forums to cry are typically the ones up for a ban due to poor behavior in game - the quicker people realize they hold themselves back, the quicker they will rise.

MaxAltair

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerjare View Post
People are more goal-driven, because the new system gives you a much better idea how you are progressing. If you are up for promotion, then you know in a very concrete manner that if you win the next 2/3 games you will go up to the next division. People up for promotion aren't going to mess around because they want to move up the ranks. So that helps.

I've also heard that part of your score on a win/loss is based on your individual performance- so even if you lose if you had a really good K/D ratio (ie you tried your best in spite of your team) its not as punishing as if you got stomped or were trolling. This gives people a way to motivate themselves to really try even if it looks like your team will probably lose.
False, u will never earn or lose less LP if you lose the game, even if u win ur lane.