Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I need a little help with helping this community.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EvilPooters

02-17-2013

First I would like to direct your attention to this topic here:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3074248&highlight=trend

In this topic Sakuri Ono points out that the same teams for dominion are always winning the tournaments and there is virtually no chance of new teams winning due to lack of experience. I have a variety of solutions but I need some input from the community. I don't want to create a tournament or program that no one seems interested in. So these are the solutions I have.

Option 1: Dominion Tournament outside DD

Pros:
new teams get to practice
winning teams get rewards such as rp and skins
streamed on twitch
Could go double elimination ( it seems like a lot of people wanted this to help give new teams a chance)

Cons:
Side tracks from DD tournament/splits community
May fall into the same problem as DD tournament
Might be longer than DD tournament (Due to double elimination)

Option 2: Tournament connected to DD but kind of like a little league tournament. I wouldn't give the reward of rp or skins because people would just play this tournament rather than the main DD tournament.

Pros:
may or may not be streamed on twitch (with permission of DD of course)
tournament is connected to DD

Cons:
No rewards for winning

Option 3: Dominion Match Making System. Teams email or sign up with me to be matched against another team. This would scrap the whole tournament in place of some casual team based play. Teams still get to practice team compositions and such but without the stress of a real tournament. This could still be streamed on twitch if I make it a weekly event much like the the current DD tournament we have now.

Pros:
streamed on twitch
more casual than a tournament
does interfere with the tournaments we have today

Cons:
more casual than a tournament (some people might not like that)
harder to organize and set up
will be obsolete if ranked comes out

So those are my ideas on helping this community grow beyond the current DD tournament play we have now. I would like you all to give me some input or feed back on which route I should take. Feel free to add to the pros and cons section if you must.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

War1eader

02-17-2013

Thanks for working on this, I think a "little league tournament" would be great, no prizes necessary. In terms of option 2, DD TheFeedski did mention in the post you linked that he may be able to:

"...throw in a losers bracket so new teams can have more than one game. Or possibly an amateur night where we cast some scrimmages between teams. However there won't be any prizes."