[Discussion] Uldyr Builds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Simcow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2009

"

• Activation - Udyr's next attack will deal a high amount of damage over 2 seconds (based on his attack damage).
  • Persistent Effect - Udyr's attack speed is passively increased. In addition, Udyr splits his attacks into 3 lightning fast hits. On hit effects only trigger off the first hit."

Straight from the relase notse on this guy. So unless there is a glitch for this statement right now, the on hit effects (madreds, ice mallet, phage, malady, wit...) all don't work past the first hit, meaning stacking all these items would be silly if you planned on tiger stancing and having that activate every hit. Not saying its a bad idea to run these items on him (haven't played him, or seen him played decently yet)

rEv3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2009

lichbane + guinsoo is pretty good

SonicTheHedgedawg

12-06-2009

I normally go jungling with him which makes my upgrade path:

1. 1-W
    2. 2-R
    3. 3-W
    4. 4-R
    5. 5-E
    6. 6-W
    7. 7-R
    8. 8-W
    9. 9-R
    10. 10-W
    11. 11-R
    12. 12-E
    13. 13-E
    14. 14-E
    15. 15-E
    16. 16-Q
    17. 17-Q
    18. 18-Q
as for items. Some nice thing seem to be:
  • Sheen -> lichbane or trinity force depending on how AP heavy you go.
  • Madreds razors for jungling
  • ninja tabi or mercury treads
  • nashor's tooth
  • something tanky like rod of ages or aegis of the legion... or both

Yhiago

12-07-2009

Why is everyone having a new Champion in their Game but I dont have this Champion in my game ??

Snuffleupagus

12-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikkifury View Post
Phoenixs stance pwns

just get these items

nashors tooth
boots of swiftness
lichbanes
guinsoo rageblade
rylais scepter
warmogs armor

ur phoenixs stance will have some unbelieveable dmg 0.0 also with ur turtle stance
I have been looking for a legit build for Udyr, and so far this one is the best. I prefer to get rylais before guinsoo, and FON / Banshees over Warmogs if it's a more mage heavy team. But over all a good build for a Pheonix/Turtler

Stormsoul

12-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
I have been looking for a legit build for Udyr, and so far this one is the best. I prefer to get rylais before guinsoo, and FON / Banshees over Warmogs if it's a more mage heavy team. But over all a good build for a Pheonix/Turtler
hm, i dunno, I think Ap isn't a great route for udyr since it doesnt synergize well with him in general , sure it buffs phoenix/turtle but not enough to be better than other routes. Imo if you go phoenix just go Phage -> Zerker Greaves -> Sheen - > Zeal - > Triforce - > Sword of the Divine - > any other attack speed you want.

I find that phoenix scales somewhat poorly with AP, it's much better to just stack attack speed. Phoenix is beastly with attack speed, i'd say it does more damage than tiger.

No Cow Level

12-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligr View Post
Why? Care to finish the argument?

Tiger does the same damage passively, just split into mini attacks, which is great for last hitting creeps. On champs, the passive bonus does not provide a benefit, but nor does it hurt. Only problem might be with on-hit effects of items and such. But that works agains all champions, not just amumu or sion.
I'm not sure if someone answered this, but I'll throw my two cents out there.

Amumu has an ability that also has a passive that reduces damage at a fixed number. As such, every attack that hits him from a Udyr in Tiger Stance is reduced by this fixed amount.

Sion's passive is like 20% to reduce damage by a number. When you're spitting out attacks two and a half times a second, there's a good chance that a lot of your hits are going to be negated.

The Senate

12-27-2009

Last time I played Udyr, I tanked him.

Turtle Stance was the highest priority, followed by Bear, then Tiger, then finally Pheonix.

As far as items, I rushed 'em in this order.

Frost Mallet
Boots of Swiftness
Guardian Angel

And then I started to work on an Infinity Edge, just for ****s and giggles.

SkarFaith

12-31-2009

The damage route is a good one.

Monkey's agility, Tiger stance, zerker greaves, and the zeal component of Triforce already give you a lot of AS.

By taking +damage items (bloodthirster, frozen mallet, infinity edge, etc...) you maximize the effect of sheen and the activated effect of tiger stance. In addition, with stances on such short cooldowns, you'll be activating sheen all the time. Finally, being a melee, I find it better to hit hard once or twice before the target gets a chance to run away, rather than hitting fast.

My two cents.

SuperStag

12-31-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claun View Post
Well, i'm trying to figure out what is the role of the stances in a fight. I mean, there are 4 stances. 2 for damage and two for support. But why should i get tiger stance if my attack power'll be split in 3 making enemy armor more usefull against me?

Phoenix stance has a weak active power and a strong passive but i still can't understand how do use it.

Bear stance is great, giving moviment and stun to start a fight or retreat.

Turtle stance sounds great but its shield is too weak and i'm not sure if it works against magic.
Turtle shield does absorb magic dmg and is spammable.
You are wrong about tiger stance, tho. Imagine if u dealt 30 dmg and the opponent had 10% physical reduction. 30:10=3 30-3=27. 27 dmg per hit. Now imagine if u hit 3 times for 10. 10:10=1 10-1=9 9+9+9=27. 27 dmg per supposed-to-be hit. The real issue is with dodge against jax.