[Discussion] Uldyr Builds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ligr

12-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomatoBisque View Post
Because the damage is split into 3 attacks, that means Amumu's Tantrum is applied 3 times (the -5 damage, maybe the Tantrum CD reduction as well?) and gives Sion's passive (% chance to block X damage) more chances to proc.
Ahh, alright. Thanks for clarifying that out for me.

BudNBurritos

12-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handbananna View Post
Whatever you say champ, but just so you know you're wrong.
K sportskie and thats your oppinion not mine. So I think your wrong.

Handbananna

12-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudNBurritos View Post
K sportskie and thats your oppinion not mine. So I think your wrong.
That's ok if its your opinion, you're still wrong.

BudNBurritos

12-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handbananna View Post
That's ok if its your opinion, you're still wrong.
No you are.

Nyagamun

12-03-2009

had some great experience with atk speed/-CD late game but this hero builds REALLLY slow

something to note, I've noticed that pheonix will proc if you START in phoenix stance and change to a different stance so leading with phoenix and switching to bear or maybe even phoenix->tiger->bear to get in some large burst and stun after may be a viable strategy, though typically I still like leading with bear...maybe possible to lead phoenix with a quick creep attack, bear to close/stun then tiger->bear or phoenix->bear

but I only felt like I was starting to get powerful at level 16+

anyone have an idea on what the global cooldown of his stances are?

Dahras

12-03-2009

Ah the forums, the only place where the argument:

"ur wrong!", "no ur wrong", "uhuh!", "yeah huh!"

is still valid, besides kindergarten of course.

SamuraiPanda

12-03-2009

How does armor penetration affect the active for Tiger? Like, it does damage over time, but what kind of damage does it do? Magic, physical, or true? And would it do more damage if he has armor pen items?

Bangers

12-03-2009

The way I would see/play Udyr, this is all theory and yet to be tested, please feel free to comment.

Masteries: 21 points in Utility.

Summoner Spells: Heal/Ghost

Items:
Boots 1 / 2xHP pot / 1xMP pot
Sheen
Phage
Upgrade: Berserker Greaves
Sword of the Divine
Zeal
Upgrade: Trinity Force
Last item options: Soul Shroud / Leviathan / Sunfire Cape

Pros: High movement speed from masteries + Tri Force + Bear stance allows you to play as a chaser/ganker. Good damage for farming and ganking from procs (Phoenix stance + Sword of Divine).

Cons: I noticed Udyr has extremely low health for a melee class even as he levels up, so every viable build will need some hp buffs. No range abilities to harass others while laning, so he becomes reliable on a good lane partner.

Abilities: Pheonix stance first, followed by Bear stance, then Turtle and finally Tiger.
R - E - R - E - R - E - R- E - R - E - W and Q last.

Best lane partners:
Teemo - Played with a mate using Teemo and we found stun + Teemo poison works really well. Udyr is also a very good bait hero due to his low health, so I found luring enemies to shrooms in brushes worked great too.
Ashe: Good for chasing down with her frost arrows and your Bear stun.

Worst lane partners: Need to play more games to decide on this.

Playstyle: Farm with Pheonix, once you got Berserker Greaves, Sword of Divine and Tri Force, that should net you just under 2atkspd per sec (without any runes). Which means every 2 secs you will deal 300 burst magic damage from Phoenix (200) and Sword of divine (100). Combine that with Tri Force effect 150% damage when stance dancing is pretty decent burst damage. Primary ability will be Phoenix for dps/farming, dance to Bear for stun when required. Turtle when under focus, Bear out and re-enter fight when focus has changed. Udyr can not tank, period. Tiger is pretty weak unless you got heaps of damage, which is not the case with this build.

Jooce

12-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by reks View Post
only first hit crits
This is incorrect. Tiger stance hits do crit, they just don't show up as crits. You will see the same dmg as the big "crit" numbers, but it will be smaller like a normal hit.

I've tried pheonix + bear and it was really lacking. Any situation where I got a kill with pheonix I'm confident I could have gotten easier with tiger.

I'm liking attack speed/dmg swapping bear and tiger. I'm going to try a crit heavy build, maybe avrice stacking since he needs items so much.

Getting a sheen is pretty much mandatory. It provides some great burst dmg as well much needed mana for stance dancing.

Ruuha

12-03-2009

Here are some of my thoughts on this new (and cool) hero.

He is dynamic rather than static, He can do what ever he feels like at any given moment. Unlike other champs your choices will decide what he can or cannot do. With his stances or as the animation shows cloaks he can creep, jungle, disable, farm, assassinate, chase down and travel all over the map with out port.

Thoughts on items:

Sheen takes advantage of his constant shifting, any item with more attack speed is wonderful as it pumps up Phoenix. Madreds are wonderful for creeping and has great synergy with jungling in pheonix (which I am going to be working on just as soon as I figure out my other summoner spell) which turn into bloodrazors I am unconvinced of Udyr having any mana issues. After lvl 4 your 2 main stances will be costing 60 mana a switch. I do not think from a jungling perspective that he needs any mana items.

Thoughts on stances:

Tiger - I use this for the 2.5? times atttackdamage attack, that is it. I hit towers in Phoenix as taking out the creeps = more bashing towers.

Turtle - I do not take any more than I have to of this and always at end game. I think it is a really meh talent. If hits done in this stance also replenished or lengthened the weaksauce shield as well as mana and health then I would consider it.

Bear - I love bear. Movment speed and stun. Movment speed on a short cool down that has a stun linked to it. RAWR!

Phoenix - I start with this and love it to bits. A mini (to start with) AoE and a cone attack every three hits. The cone attack is very respectiable and having a mini AoE on demand is nothing to sneeze at. And really who does not like setting things on fire?

I am off to play more games now. I do agree with Jooce, sheen = mandatory.