[Discussion] Uldyr Builds

123456 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kijik

12-03-2009

Considering his heavy usage of mana all game, need for some sort of cd redux to stance dance better, and of course sheen being necessary, and needing some more tank-likeness. What do people think of
Nashor's Tooth
Merc Treads(Zerk greaves if you have cleanse or you're not stacked against a bunch of disable)
Sheen
Warmogs
Sheen->Trinity Force

On paper it sounds effective, but Udyr sounds decent on paper as well, but in practice we all know how that turns out.

Cumulous

12-03-2009

I've found sword of the divine to work well for him, it boosts his attack speed so that phoenix procs more often for farming and also makes his tiger stance do decent amount of dmg (50% attack speed from stance makes 4 hits go by fairly quickly + the activated 45 armor pen is amazing). Its still not as good as sheen, but I think its should be the next item.

Also if you have clarity runes, there's no mana problem except for early game where you have pitiful mana regen and your stances cost alot of mana. (I usually only have bear/phoenix early anyway)

Bonkified

12-03-2009

Some items I always seem to find useful with this guy are
Phage->Frozen Hammer
Guinsoo's Rageblade
Malady
And AP items.
I find applying the item's effects with tiger stance effective, then switching to pheonix to pull out some quick burst is good. The most effective dps build I've used was AP and Attack Speed. Simply because Pheonix's passive is strong if you can support it.

Milk Steak

12-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by kijik View Post
Considering his heavy usage of mana all game, need for some sort of cd redux to stance dance better, and of course sheen being necessary, and needing some more tank-likeness. What do people think of
Nashor's Tooth
Merc Treads(Zerk greaves if you have cleanse or you're not stacked against a bunch of disable)
Sheen
Warmogs
Sheen->Trinity Force

On paper it sounds effective, but Udyr sounds decent on paper as well, but in practice we all know how that turns out.
Is CD reduction really necessary?
Even with max -CD, you would barely notice a difference.
As for mana problems, I don't know if I've been playing the same champion as you (well he has a little trouble early, but sheen basically solves all of that).

I end up chasing a lot, so I build boots of swiftness rather than Mercs or Zerks.

My usual build right now
Boots, 1 hp pot, 1 mana pot
Sheen/Swift boots (sheen first if your opponents don't have boots, upgrade yours if they do)
Phage
Tri-force

Alternatively, sometimes I go phantom dancer instead of tri-force.

In team fights I pop ghost and bear and just run around stunning everyone, then pop pheonix (or turtle if I'm getting owned).

Running around stunning everyone can be really freaking annoying, and usually you can stun the first person again to stop them from retreating.

Stonehenge

12-03-2009

First I tried a physical damage build, went for boots, malady, phage/mallet, etc., needed tons of items to do some damage, ended up with low hp, had serious mana issues (managed to get that to bearable with a chalice), in general, didn't work out as I thought it would do.

Tried going tankish next,, found myself completely useless again, with only team support being the stun every couple of seconds, which required me to split target all the time dropping my damage, plus the hp/mana gain from turtle stance is horrible.

Next, tried going for attack speed/AP, going chalice/sorc boots/nashor/scepter, it was quite decent in the beggining and didn't have mana problems but the super low scaling of phoenix stance and the shield made my damage (0.2 damage per ap? lols) laughable and my survivability down low. Not to say that phoenix passive got me killed a couple of times.

Even tried jungling but, meh, guess how'd it go.

Anyways... Tiger stance is terrible, splitting hits drops your damage so hard it makes me wanna cry, especially since you can't get procs off extra attacks. Turtle shield has a WAY too low duration to be useful and the scaling is bad. Bear stance is semi useful, but the runspeed buff is way too short. The only decent ability is the phoenix stance, gives some nice harrasment and burst power early game but it gets ruined lategame with really really low scaling.

My 2 cents.

evilgoodguy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2009

Sounds like Last Whisper is a must if you want a Tiger Stance atk build.

Zaouron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2009

I have very very limited play time with this guy, but have come to a couple conclusions:

1) Tiger stance and phoenix stance seem to work against each other. 1 is geared more towards +dam and the other more towards +ap. So it would appear as though you want to pick one or the other to be your "main" damage ability.

2) This dude is tailor-made for a sheen. He seems to be built around constantly switching stances which would constantly be granting sheen procs.

Now, i'm pretty sure we can all agree with point #2. However, I may be misreading into how to play him (being that he is so new) so my first point is very arguable.

I never got a solid build on him. I just played a bot game and messed with items to see how his abilities would work in conjunction with each other. I became most comfortable using phoenix, bear, and turtle. Bear stance to initiate, pheonix for added magic/bursty damage/ then turtle for some defense while waiting for the next bear stun. I would just rotate through them.

I think getting some -cd redux items would be handy for bear stance. getting the stance cooldown to 5 seconds to match the stun recurrence on a single target could be super useful in 1v1's and 2v2's.

So, i'm looking at something like working for sheen first. Starting would be the mana crystal and a couple hp pots. First trip back would be finish sheen (think it's like 860g or something) and get boots 1.

Finish up boots next (i'm not really sure where to go here. swiftness for chasing, ninja tabi for the dodge since it works with his passive, or spell boots for the spell pen) and then go either straight for lichbane or work on a stinger to build towards nashors.

So, lichbane/boots(not sure which yet)/nashors and then the rest of the build would depend on what you are up against.

Any thoughts?

Ligr

12-03-2009

I would not say that Udyr is underpowered. I failed a few matches with him, but I found that one of his roles can be that of a chaser/dps'er.

Build was something like boots 3, triforce and some mp regen item (I think). The gank was initiated with a bear form for the stun, then phoenix for the aoe and a switch between them during chasing. It left a lot of heroes either dead or running away.

His running speed is great when doing the stance dance, and he can escape very well with the stance dance.

I like him. especially the stun. Owns Kata, for example

Krusidulli

12-03-2009

i wouldnt use tiger stance against amumu or sion

DaGhost

12-03-2009

Jungle Style

Jungle like you would with warwick. First buy health potx2 and cloth armor then rush for the golem. get Turtle Stance.

when you level i would suggest phoenix but bear works also for jungling because of the stun. Either way you going to jungle till you can take down the black dragon (2x buffed and jungle spec'd this would be lvl 5). Madred's Razor is pretty vicious on him because of his attack speed boost when switch stances.

Over Warwick- he has no ultimate to wait for, so after you kill the dragon at 5 you can help your team gank the lower lane

Under Warwick- the lack of the ultimate which stuns for those extra seconds over bear form.

You will probably end up leaving turtle at lvl 3. I wouldn't suggest going any higher.

Remember turtle can help you backdoor as can Tiger Stance.

Right now he is lackluster overrall but easily in the top set of junglers. He could probably (in theory) solo Nashor but he is made of paper and sticks so i wouldn't try it.

Still trying to figure out what items benefit him the most.

Non Jungle Style
Put point in phoniex, go for warmogs, ??????, Profit

123456 ... 11