Whats the point of 2 dorans rings/blades?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AdmiralAardvark

02-17-2013

Good behind item, since they give both damage and survivabilty. I actually lost to an AD Kennen whose build was 6 Dorans Blades (well, my bot lane lost to him :P), then he started replacing them with real items.

Overall though, only some champions actually want a Doran's Ring, and not too many want more than one (2 on Gragas or Brand is fine, it makes your instant AoE clear much more mana-efficient).

CyaNerd

02-17-2013

So is it situational to get 2?

Shut It Donny

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundOfYouAndMe View Post
So is it situational to get 2?
Yes. Say you started 1, but had a bad time in lane and had to back early with only about 500ish gold. Would a longsword or another blade help you more? The blade will give you more health, more sustain and could turn the lane around for you. The LS would be just a touch of damage.

CyaNerd

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shut It Donny View Post
Yes. Say you started 1, but had a bad time in lane and had to back early with only about 500ish gold. Would a longsword or another blade help you more? The blade will give you more health, more sustain and could turn the lane around for you. The LS would be just a touch of damage.
But if I had enough for a vamp, I would get that because it builds into my core items.

AK47WOLF

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by advancedAI View Post
I don't build Doran's at all most of the time.

It used to be good stacking Dorans. But then they nerfed health... And sustain... etc.... Only stack if you're seriously behind.
Since Riot doesn't like to update archaic mana costs on champions and instead focus on giving new AP champs abilities with 1/3 the mana costs as old champions, Doran's Rings are a helpful way for these old champions to manage their mana while not sacrificing damage.