Whats the point of 2 dorans rings/blades?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CyaNerd

02-17-2013

I honestly think that starting to build your core items is much more cost efficient. I understand it at the start, or maybe if you are forced back with not enough for anything but a dorans, but why bother getting 2?

Blanchimont

02-17-2013

it gives you slightly more health and makes you harder to kill. rings also give you mana regen if you are going for something with high AP first.

advancedAI

02-17-2013

I don't build Doran's at all most of the time.

It used to be good stacking Dorans. But then they nerfed health... And sustain... etc.... Only stack if you're seriously behind.

Treeke

02-17-2013

Those items are REALLY cost effective, while they don't build to anything, they help you to maintain your early game power/help you with early game. Of course, you are using like 900 or something gold, but you aren't as squishy, have more damage and have more mana regen or sustain or life per hit.

스르륵

02-17-2013

blades are not very good

but rings are useful for mana-heavy spammers in lane phase

Schtauffenz

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by advancedai View Post
i don't build doran's at all most of the time.

It used to be good stacking dorans. But then they nerfed health... And sustain... Etc.... Only stack if you're seriously behind.
^ ?

Cowser

02-17-2013

i usually build rings if im building deathcap as first core item, deathcap gives noooo mana regen

Schtauffenz

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ??? View Post
blades are not very good

but rings are useful for mana-heavy spammers in lane phase
If we are in lane and both have to be with ~500g. I buy a blade and you buy a LS / something else I will destroy you.

Having a blade gives you sustain, health, and that extra damage. You have to buy in order not to get pushed out, less you can stay in lane long enough to get a better item... if I have 800 I'll usually get vamp scepter.

CyaNerd

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeke View Post
Those items are REALLY cost effective, while they don't build to anything, they help you to maintain your early game power/help you with early game. Of course, you are using like 900 or something gold, but you aren't as squishy, have more damage and have more mana regen or sustain or life per hit.
But wouldn't using that 900 for your first big item be better, because while they have dorans you would have an item like blasting wand, so then you can soon build into like a rab?

Jortalus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schtauffenz View Post
^ ?
Doran's Blade gave 100 health, now it gives 80. Nerfed the health =P