Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

R.I.P Kayle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raloosh

02-17-2013

Quote:
EvilInuyasha:
No, I've been around since before the reworks. Before I saw him played a lot. After it I saw him played a lot. I follow the patches and watch number after number get reduced, nerf after nerf. I see him played no less. If nothing else, I see him played MORE after the nerfs. Guess what? It is a perfect example because the same thing will happen to kayle.

Because again, if you actually care about the champion, nerfs don't stop you from picking the champion, or winning with the champion. My champion got nerfs, guess what? My win rate only went UP with him, not down.

Are you kidding? Nobody played Xin.
Ever.
Guess what? Nobody played Kayle.
Ever.
What a shock!
So, when Kayle gets nerfed, nobody is going to play her.
Quote:
Private Riem:
They nerfed malphite back in the days
I kept playing
They nerfed him again
I kept playing
They nerfed him one more time, reduced his E effectiveness again, nerfing AS slows
I don't play him anymore.

Once one of my favorite champs, he's just not viable outside of an ult bot, or a trollish tanky ap. I used to play him as a jungler. He just can't jungle at all anymore.

I miss my undead green guy.
He used to be playable. Nowadays, if I want to be able to win, I have to tryhard my way there and I'm forced to play him on the blue side exclusively. Stupid map layout favouring the blue side.

"back in the day"
That wasn't that long ago.

Attilian

02-17-2013

Quote:
troilo831:
Nerfed 1 ability = nerfed into oblivion

When her e is next to worthless outside of a speed boost and her e is an aa modifier, she will see a huge damage drop from losing the amp.

Also this KILLS atk speed/on hit Kayle and that's my personal favorite play style. People ***** about garen but attack speed Kayle ****s on him and she gets **** on by plenty others but lolnope gotta balance to meta.

Henry Plainview

02-17-2013

Quote:
Neiden:
LOL thats not a nerf bro, you have no idea why the hero is good, she has AP DPS, thats almost a unique habilit she has on her E and will keep the opness, yes she will do less damage midgame, but the lategame damage will still be AMAZING.

It makes me so mad that thanks to Riot's repeated buffs to get anyone to play AP Kayle, now apparently nobody can think of her as anything but an AP champion. Meanwhile, as you said, AP Kayle hardly cares about this nerf, while AD Kayle is crying because she relied almost wholly on that damage amp.

Azaer

02-17-2013

I can hardly see Kayle having trouble from this. Yeah its a bummer, but she still has her mad E farming and a good R is still game changing. Kayle is so goddamn versatile it just means we'll have to reevaluate a few strategies out of the seventy billion available to her.

Vempyre

02-17-2013

If this goes through I'll actually want to try Support Kayle again. There is nothing wrong with it now, its just she has too much damage potential to be stuck at the support role.

Honestly though, this isn't that bad of a nerf, well maybe it is, well, yah it is. Will it ruin her? Heck no, it will just make her solo laning phase weaker and a lil harder to burst down someone in a team fight. Which is actually quite a bit of a nerf in that aspect.

To make up for it, besides the increase in slow is have it to where she can stack her passive 1 more time to a total of 6 times and 18 % maximum reduction.

But anywho, she'll live. This isn't anywhere close to as bad as the Eve and Olaf nerfs as of late.

MoooveZiiig

02-17-2013

Quote:
Raloosh:
"back in the day"
That wasn't that long ago.

Malph used to be a gigantic lane bully.

His Q had 725 range IIRC. And Mana Regen runes were significantly more potent than they are now (also why so many champs had such ridiculously high mana costs back then).

That was his 1st nerf. IIRC circa 2010.