R.I.P Kayle

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Demonic Instinct

Senior Member

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadHurtsAlot View Post
Looks like a buff to me

Reckoning ( Q ) slow changed to 35/40/45/50/55% for 3 seconds from 25/30/35/40/45%
http://www.newsoflegends.com/index.p...explains-4167/
She is also losing the 6/7/8/9/10% flat damage amplification on her Q, and instead, now all it does is slow and apply one stack of her passive.

That % damage amplification applied to everything. Auto attacks, Magic Damage from her E, Item actives, Summoner Spells (ignite).

Whichever way you look at it, she is losing 10% damage during the time she's slowed with her Q, and if you don't think that's a huge nerf, then you don't understand how damage amplification works.

For comparison, Vlad's ult gives everyone 12% damage on effected targets before it detonates. Is that not noticeable?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sleipnir of Hel

Senior Member

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCois1337 View Post
That was a very bad example just an FYI.
You mean its a perfect example. It's nothing more than people over reacting.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xenolithium

Member

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustofoblivion View Post
Thanks to the low elo baddies who spammed one of my favorite champions in solo ranked, Kayle just got nerfed into oblivion.

R.I.P
Yes, because her power is only abused by Low Elo baddies. Nice try, though.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shasyr

Senior Member

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilInuyasha View Post
You mean its a perfect example. It's nothing more than people over reacting.
No, he means a bad example.

Apparently you aren't aware that Xin Zhao underwent a rework / huge adjustment to how all of his skills worked?

Because they nerfed him into unplayability? As in, almost no one played him?

Maybe this was before your time, I dunno. But there was a point, after his omgwtf OP release, where Riot nerfed him. And nerfed him. And nerfed him. And then no one played him anymore because he was so weak, so the overhauled him.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Private Riem

Senior Member

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilInuyasha View Post
Love all the QQ threads about how a champion will never be used again because of a nerf. And then people realize that if you really did enjoy a champion and are good with them, the nerf will not affect your game play that much. Take Xin Zhao for example. Guy has been nerfed so many times, and NOBODY uses him anymore, right?
They nerfed malphite back in the days
I kept playing
They nerfed him again
I kept playing
They nerfed him one more time, reduced his E effectiveness again, nerfing AS slows
I don't play him anymore.

Once one of my favorite champs, he's just not viable outside of an ult bot, or a trollish tanky ap. I used to play him as a jungler. He just can't jungle at all anymore.

I miss my undead green guy.
He used to be playable. Nowadays, if I want to be able to win, I have to tryhard my way there and I'm forced to play him on the blue side exclusively. Stupid map layout favouring the blue side.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sleipnir of Hel

Senior Member

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasyr View Post
No, he means a bad example.

Apparently you aren't aware that Xin Zhao underwent a rework / huge adjustment to how all of his skills worked?

Because they nerfed him into unplayability? As in, almost no one played him?

Maybe this was before your time, I dunno. But there was a point, after his omgwtf OP release, where Riot nerfed him. And nerfed him. And nerfed him. And then no one played him anymore because he was so weak, so the overhauled him.
No, I've been around since before the reworks. Before I saw him played a lot. After it I saw him played a lot. I follow the patches and watch number after number get reduced, nerf after nerf. I see him played no less. If nothing else, I see him played MORE after the nerfs. Guess what? It is a perfect example because the same thing will happen to kayle.

Because again, if you actually care about the champion, nerfs don't stop you from picking the champion, or winning with the champion. My champion got nerfs, guess what? My win rate only went UP with him, not down.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bubble Trouble

Recruiter

02-17-2013

Nerfed 1 ability = nerfed into oblivion


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Neiden

Senior Member

02-17-2013

LOL thats not a nerf bro, you have no idea why the hero is good, she has AP DPS, thats almost a unique habilit she has on her E and will keep the opness, yes she will do less damage midgame, but the lategame damage will still be AMAZING.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xLoCo

Senior Member

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilInuyasha View Post
No, I've been around since before the reworks. Before I saw him played a lot. After it I saw him played a lot. I follow the patches and watch number after number get reduced, nerf after nerf. I see him played no less. If nothing else, I see him played MORE after the nerfs. Guess what? It is a perfect example because the same thing will happen to kayle.

Because again, if you actually care about the champion, nerfs don't stop you from picking the champion, or winning with the champion. My champion got nerfs, guess what? My win rate only went UP with him, not down.
You have no idea why Xin is played atm which is why I said you gave a VERY bad example.

Also as the person above me said he got a rework "buff" after all his nerfs to be viable again but, he still knows whats up more then you do even though that still isn't even the reason why I said you gave a bad example.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shasyr

Senior Member

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilInuyasha View Post
No, I've been around since before the reworks. Before I saw him played a lot. After it I saw him played a lot. I follow the patches and watch number after number get reduced, nerf after nerf. I see him played no less. If nothing else, I see him played MORE after the nerfs. Guess what? It is a perfect example because the same thing will happen to kayle.

Because again, if you actually care about the champion, nerfs don't stop you from picking the champion, or winning with the champion. My champion got nerfs, guess what? My win rate only went UP with him, not down.
Yeah, except the reality is that we have 110 champions in the game right now, and few players feel any strong loyalty to any of them.

The reality is that the majority of people play what they think will make them win, and a champion as weak as Xin Zhao was pre-rework wasn't it. I also played a lot of Xin back then, and I still play him now - but I basically never saw any Xin's besides myself.

Streams and tournaments, like it or not, dictate what a large portion of the playerbase does: what champions they use and what items they build. There's a reason Kayle became so popular all of a sudden - people saw Kayle dominating tournaments.

When Xin got nerfed, nobody who put winning above their loyalty to a certain champion, played him. If Kayle gets nerfed like that, we'll have the same scenario. And totally removing her damage amp in exchange for 10% more slow that, by the way, lasts a second less than on Live (3 instead of 4), is going in the 'over-nerfed' direction.


123