I think I found out an awesome hint from Quinn's lore!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Levik

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalA View Post
This would still end up being a necromancer resurrecting a relatively random individual just to get a poor assassination attempt at the King and pull at the heart strings of a relatively unknown ranger.

It was only be bringing this guy to justice that Quinn was put into the Elite and made a Champion. So this supposed attempt to get at Quinn would not have only ended up failing to kill the king because he sucked as an assassin, but also elevated Quinn into the ranks where she can become an actual legitimate threat for Noxian interests.

I think it is far more likely this is just an unskilled Noxian assassin trying to get some easy recognition, botching the job, and getting killed for it. If it must be Quinn's brother than I'd say that it was him coming from the Shadow Isle with a personal vendetta against the King because of how he never got to fulfill his dream, botching the assassination, and then Quinn getting a little emotional before taking him down.

Personally, I think using Quinn's brother as the assassin would just be a waste. Much better to resurrect him later and have him fight her directly as a Champion after he has been brought back by Noxian necromancers or the Shadow Isle.... preferably the Shadow Isle. Having him be that particular assassin just doesn't make any sense.
No one is saying that Quinn's brother is the assassin... We are talking about events after all of these events, after Quinn becomes a champion, and after Quinn can be used to strike at Noxus through the League. Only then would Quinn even be on the radar of Noxus or the Shadow Isles, only then would they dig into Quinn's past, and only then would they realize that Quinn's dead brother would be the perfect tool to use against Quinn. It would be a plot by the government of Noxus to undercut the ability of Demacia's new champion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalA View Post
Demacia didn't gain a new Champion until AFTER Quinn took down the assassin
And Quinn was only made a champion after she took down the assassin because before then she was just a commoner.

Cerubois

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levik View Post
Considering the League is everything in Runeterra, yes. Think about it, the number one enemy of Noxus gains a new champion; that is cause enough to look for any weakness that can be exploited. Anytime a political party gains a new candidate the opposing party does everything they can to get ahead of that new person. Why wouldn't things be the same in Runeterra when Demacia gains a new champion, why wouldn't Noxus use the death of Quinn's brother to torment her? Fighting against the resurrected body of your brother would surly mess with your head. This would be something Noxus would specifically seek, ways to undermine the power of Demacia.
I was never suggesting "some random Noxus necromancer" finding "some random body" in "some random corner of the woods." Occam's razor.
So. New theory is:

After Quinn becomes a champion for the League, a Noxian necromancer finds out where Quinn's brother died, looks for his body, resurrects him, and gets him into the League just to unsettle one Demacian champion?

I think there might be an easier way. Tell Draven to hit on her. :P

Levik

02-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerubois View Post
a Noxian necromancer finds out where Quinn's brother died, looks for his body, resurrects him, and gets him into the League just to unsettle one Demacian champion?
Unsettling one champion would be a big deal. The League controls everything in Runeterra, city-states would be doing everything they can to get any leverage they can. And I thought I said it wasn't some Noxian necromancer it would be a organized plot to exploit a champion, no other Demacian champion has had a vulnerability like this before. I am pretty sure fighting your undead brother would be unsettling if not overwhelming.

Tell me why it would be so hard for this to be a possibility, why is it so improbable.

Cerubois

02-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levik View Post
no other Demacian champion has had a vulnerability like this before.
Jarvan: He went on a journey of self-discovery and 'atonement' because he was broken by his defeat and near-death by Swain. He's got problems. Huge problems (which have already been exploited! See Kalamanda!).

Lux: She is a fragile shell of a girl. She broke down during her judgement simply from being asked what her purpose was. An easy target if Noxus wanted one.

Xin: Did he not acquire any comrades in his time of imprisonment in Noxus? Could they not be put to use against him given the right persuasion?

Garen: Remove Katarina? See what happens?

Fiora: Thrives on being better than people and proving the honour of her family. Find someone she can't beat and give her endless soul-crushing angst.

Shyvana: She's self-concious of the fear humans feel of her. So give her an example of how much of a monster she can be. Cause her to lose the home she's been looking for, simply because her home doesn't want her anymore.

I would hope that Riot would not write themselves into a corner with an invincible character. Every one should have a flaw, a weakness. Noxus does have a history of underhanded tactics, yes, but they've got plenty to of ammo already.

EDIT: I should probably point out that the reason I've said these things is because the OP is suggesting Quinn's lore contains a 'hint' towards this theory, when it doesn't. At all. >.>

AnkryaDoli

02-19-2013

I think that would be a good idea. They kind of have that already... the thing is though that they're not on noxus or demacia

AnkryaDoli

02-19-2013

Quote:
So. New theory is:

After Quinn becomes a champion for the League, a Noxian necromancer finds out where Quinn's brother died, looks for his body, resurrects him, and gets him into the League just to unsettle one Demacian champion?

I think there might be an easier way. Tell Draven to hit on her. :P

Draven would be all like "Hey girly have you ever had a rough night with a Draven?"
she would be all like "did you refer to yourself in the third person?"

He would just wink haha

Levik

02-19-2013

Quote:
EDIT: I should probably point out that the reason I've said these things is because the OP is suggesting Quinn's lore contains a 'hint' towards this theory, when it doesn't. At all. >.>
I would say that it is a little much to say the lore actually hints at this, but it is an interesting idea. This forum is for discussing lore, but isn't it also for trying to think of interesting possibilities? Something like this would be a unique interaction, unlike the other champion interactions within the League. There is already sibling rivalry, but this would be manipulation. It would also be a great chance for Riot to show that each side is working to destroy the other side with cheap tricks and exploitation of the human factor.

Quote:
Every one should have a flaw, a weakness. Noxus does have a history of underhanded tactics, yes, but they've got plenty to of ammo already.
I was not meaning to say that no other Demacian champion had a weakness. Quinn's would just be the easiest to tangibly represented.

Your Fiora "weakness" seems like if they could find someone to beat her then they wouldn't need an exploitation since she is already beaten. For the rest of the Demacian weaknesses, it seems that they rely on something that can't be represented as easily as Quinn and her brother.

Cerubois

02-19-2013

This forum is great for discussing and theorizing. I just tend to play the 'bringing-it-down-to-earth' role when it comes to theories. It's something I've had to do for writing. I need to get to the bottom of things, look at the motivations of all the parties involved, and make sure it works out logically and believably.

When it comes to Noxian tactics under Swain, I'd bet he wouldn't put much emphasis on Demacia as a whole, but on Jarvan IV. Bringing back Quinn's brother to fight against her doesn't sound like a Swain thing to do. He'd much rather bring someone back from Jarvan's past to torment him instead. I'm not going to say it's impossible, it'd probably just be insignificant to him.

Levik

02-19-2013

Quote:
When it comes to Noxian tactics under Swain, I'd bet he wouldn't put much emphasis on Demacia as a whole, but on Jarvan IV.
If Swain dropped all Noxus plans and solely focused on Jarvan IV then Swain would be making a huge mistake. Demacia is the largest threat to the Noxian way regardless of Swain's personal grudge matches. Swain, being the master tactician, would still seek to destroy Jarvan, but not without solidifying Noxus' power in Runeterra. Besides, Swain wants to kill Jarvan personally, not through other means: "'I want to kill Jarvan IV, the ‘Exemplar’ of Demacia.' He smiled at the High Councilor, still close to her ear. 'I will kill him too, Vessaria.'” as stated in his Judgement. This was also after Swain said that he wanted to be ruler of Noxus, something he wouldn't take lightly. This is why I believe that Swain would easily take a shot at Demacia's newest champion, to prove his power as new ruler of Noxus and to show that he can strike fear into the heart of a Demacian champion.