Coma Inducing Pings Helpless To Defend Ourselves

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheOilTyrant

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMufffinMan View Post
You can run LoL at a very playable fps on a $300-500 computer, no need for some ridiculous gaming rig. I realize that OP might not be in the position to make a purchase like this, but he should consider if he wishes to continue online gaming in the future.

That being said, I agree that ping spam is incredibly annoying and it would be nice if there were some way to mute the most egregious offenders.
Yeah I can run league fine on a 300-500 dollar computer, but when that is a whole month's rent when i'm in college, and I have an okay computer than can run lol with the occasional lag spike or high ping, I'd rather keep the computer i have and eat actual food instead of Ramen for three months to make up the difference in cash. This thread is not about getting a better computer or the fact that someone lag's when too many pings go off, it's the fact that people SPAM what should be a quick and easy way to alert your team to something.

Wickid Ninja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2013

Exactly my point. I shouldn't have to go drop almost an entire months rent on a new computer when my current one is capable of running League. When I was capable of ignoring the destructive players, my League experience was enjoyable and I was able to contribute to my team. Riot took that decision out of my hands entirely at this point. Sure I can ignore the insults they hurl my way about how badly I suck and how I need to uninstall League and go slit my wrists in the bathtub or cry to my father or some other sympathetic ear. But I cannot ignore the source of my problem. Its not right.

Wickid Ninjette

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2013

i find it funny that you think a $300-$500 comp will fix his issues because thats what i have is a cheap $400 comp and when they mass ping me like that guess what i lag and i cant see my mini map so really telling him to go blow a months worth of rent on a cheap comp to "fix" his problems is really just telling him to go waste rent money be homeless dont eat and still deal with the lag from mass pinging .... sounds to me like you are one of those mass pingers that thinks that it helps the team to ping a turret 10+ times cuz ya know we wouldnt possibly think of maybee taking that tower out cuz its at low hp i mean that would never ever cross our minds ..... really riot needs to either revert the last change so when we ignore a team mate for something like that we dont deal with it anymore or allow an ignore ping option or at least make it were you cant do more then 2 of said type of ping at once because honestly you dont need more then 2 at anytime

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMufffinMan View Post
You can run LoL at a very playable fps on a $300-500 computer, no need for some ridiculous gaming rig. I realize that OP might not be in the position to make a purchase like this, but he should consider if he wishes to continue online gaming in the future.

That being said, I agree that ping spam is incredibly annoying and it would be nice if there were some way to mute the most egregious offenders.

Wickid Ninja

02-17-2013

She has a point, 3 pings every 5-8 seconds is more than enough to notify your allies that something is awry.

SUGE

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOilTyrant View Post
You guys are pretty awful. HERP DERP GET A BETTER COMPUTER BRO. Sorry not all of us can afford an alienware laptop with 8gb of ram and quad core processor. I think this would be a great idea, since i have had games where people refused to stop pinging, i asked nicely, and they pinged even harder after that.
I'm a 24 year old male, living on my own paying for my college and rent, working 30+ hours a week. I live JUST ABOVE THE POVERTY LINE and i can afford a computer that doesn't lag from pings, i refuse to accept this as a valid arguement (unless OP is like 16 and living with his parents), in which case he can still get a job.

JimsHardcore

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOilTyrant View Post
You guys are pretty awful. HERP DERP GET A BETTER COMPUTER BRO. Sorry not all of us can afford an alienware laptop with 8gb of ram and quad core processor. I think this would be a great idea, since i have had games where people refused to stop pinging, i asked nicely, and they pinged even harder after that.
If alienware is your idea of a beast computer, then I worry about your IT knowledge...

Wickid Ninjette

02-17-2013

you live on your OWN that means you only have to pay bills for yourself not everyone is like that some people are married with 2 kids and not alot of money coming in so we dont have the luxury to drop money on new comps that are build for gaming we have kids that have needs like clothes and food and a roof over their heads and power to heat the house so not all of us can afford the comp you have some of us have to use cheaper comps and before they made it where you could no longer ignore pings it wasnt too bad if they mass pinged like that we put them on ignore problem solved but we can no longer do that and thats what our problem is

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGE View Post
I'm a 24 year old male, living on my own paying for my college and rent, working 30+ hours a week. I live JUST ABOVE THE POVERTY LINE and i can afford a computer that doesn't lag from pings, i refuse to accept this as a valid arguement (unless OP is like 16 and living with his parents), in which case he can still get a job.

Wickid Ninja

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGE View Post
You are a 24 year old male going to college and working part-time. You didn't mention anything about children in your home, child support due, state fines, debt collectors, or soaring power/utility bills. You've been on your own for 6 years tops. You do not know where the poverty line lies. And so because I fall into a category of Americans who are in poverty, I should not be allowed to enjoy League of Legends? A free to play game. And fortunately, I am not seeking your acceptance of my argument. Having a job has nothing to do with this. And my Dell Inspiron 1525 runs League fine, when I am not being abused by my teammates. I enjoyed League before this update and I have had many games since that I enjoyed a great deal. This post is in response to the games that I was unable to enjoy because Riot took option away from me entirely.

ShyFaces

02-17-2013

Wickid Ninja

02-18-2013

An update from today! Despite keeping my lag and comatose state to myself, 2 English speaking players and 1 Spanish speaking player pinged my computer to the point it was forced to restart to even move. THANK YOU RIOT! YOU ARE ****ING SUPER!