Coma Inducing Pings Helpless To Defend Ourselves

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wickid Ninja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2013

I've already made a post under feed back but it doesn't seem to be getting much attention where it is at so I thought I would bring it to general discussion and see what the rest of the community had to say about it.

Before this most recent update I was allowed to ignore a player and no longer have their pinging animations spammed across mini map. I do this because the animations in rapid succession (3-5 pings in the same spot or down a river), drops my frames per rate to under 5 (not to mention the sound is annoying [i have sounds disabled for performance already thou]). Before I ignored these players I politely ask them to keep the pinging to a minimum and explain the situation of my computer. Most players will respect this, however I get trolls and very disrespectful players fairly frequently in my division.

This post is in direct response to my last Ranked Game (which I probably deserve a ban for verbal abuse in), during which I was grouped with two players who ignored my requests and spammed their ping on every enemy champion, ward, objective, turret, minion, and absolutely nothing for over 50 minuets. To the point where I just wanted to walk away from my computer (which I did not quit solely for the reason that it was the final game in my series for promotion) for the 2 frames per second it was dropped to every time I encountered an enemy champion, ward, objective. turret. minion. or thin air. And I was able to do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about it. By far the WORST game I have EVER played in League of Legends to date (and that is saying a lot).

This is a plea for not only me but my team mates who must listen to me beg and rage,and my computer who is already in a sorry state, and the unfortunate people who have to read my tribunal cases. Being unable to ignore these trolls and destructive players is creating an atmosphere in which I am unable to enjoy this fine game and all that it has to offer.

Please Riot, reconsider your latest decision and mute pings of players ignored in-game. They are on ignore for a reason, if I am unable to ignore them the only option left to me is to sit AFK on my fountain to avoid feeding the enemy team kill after kill after kill from my 2 frames per second.

-Jebo

Original Post: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3131765

Wickid Ninja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2013

C'mon people. I know some of you at least have an opinion.

Wickid Ninjette

02-17-2013

bump

XElement

02-17-2013

Honestly, it sounds like you need a better computer.
By the way, if you mute pings, you'll still be reported.

Pings are there as a sign. They will ping for help, a warning, or where something might be there. If you have it muted that would basically be lack of communication since you can't hear your teammates' ping who may need help/warning you, since a lot of ppl ping besides typing.

Also, why even tell them?
In all honestly, WHY? People don't even ping much to begin with. Telling them just sets you up for the trolls. I think you do more harm than good by announcing this. I play, and the pinging is always to a minumum, nobody goes crazy with it nor ping all the time.

PeaceKeeper18

02-17-2013

My opinion? get off the pentium 2 and buy a new computer bro

Trylobyte

02-17-2013

Ping-spam is one of the most annoying things in the game from my perspective, and it doesn't even slow me down. It's just the minimap equivalent of sun glare, blocking my map awareness and annoying me with the constant sound. However, I've heard recent patches are working on throttling the number of timesy ou can ping in succession to prevent this sort of thing.

XElement

02-17-2013

By the way, question...
If PINGS are causing you hell...then what does Graves' W do to you?
I'm not sure but maybe you shouldn't be playing if little things like pings cause you so much trouble?

TheOilTyrant

02-17-2013

You guys are pretty awful. HERP DERP GET A BETTER COMPUTER BRO. Sorry not all of us can afford an alienware laptop with 8gb of ram and quad core processor. I think this would be a great idea, since i have had games where people refused to stop pinging, i asked nicely, and they pinged even harder after that.

Wickid Ninja

02-17-2013

I am aware that I am in need of a new computer. That is not the point however. I meet the system requirements to play League.

And I have excellent map awareness and players do not end up ignored until they have been asked multiple times to keep the pinging to a minimum. I agree that SOME pings are acceptable and necessary. But how does pinging the same turret in rapid succession, or even over the course of 30 seconds improve the situation. Most of the pinging I encounter comes from the players who have just died and are spamming the champion they were attempting to kill 1 v 3-5 who is still at half health backing up under their turret or some similarly stupid situation. At this point, they have plenty of time to type out a response or an "update" on their targets status.
The game I was referring to specifically in my first post had two Spanish speaking players with EXTREMELY limited English skills. And their form of "communication" was worse than a language barrier could ever dream of being.

Responding to XElement's 2nd post:
Graves smoke bomb causes me a nasty lag spike, same as when walking in a bush with more than two enemy champions that have yet to be revealed. However, flash still works even if my screen is on a delay.

TheMufffinMan

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOilTyrant View Post
You guys are pretty awful. HERP DERP GET A BETTER COMPUTER BRO. Sorry not all of us can afford an alienware laptop with 8gb of ram and quad core processor. I think this would be a great idea, since i have had games where people refused to stop pinging, i asked nicely, and they pinged even harder after that.
You can run LoL at a very playable fps on a $300-500 computer, no need for some ridiculous gaming rig. I realize that OP might not be in the position to make a purchase like this, but he should consider if he wishes to continue online gaming in the future.

That being said, I agree that ping spam is incredibly annoying and it would be nice if there were some way to mute the most egregious offenders.