Question to any other support-plank players out there

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Docta Grim

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2013

After getting my standard aegis, starks, atmas, sightstone. I'm hard pressed to figure out what to buy next if the game actually does last longer than that. I just decided on an IE but it didn't get finished of course considering 4k is still hard to come buy even with being moneybags plank.

Any suggestions anyone?

Enconex

02-16-2013

wait a sec, you get atmas?

Docta Grim

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enconex View Post
wait a sec, you get atmas?
extra tankiness, with about~ 60 AD added on. My role lategame is to be an off-tank that's in whoever's face i feel necessary at the time considering with sightstone, runic bulwark, starks, I have close to 3k hp

ROKAF JE

02-17-2013

No, it's definitely not 60 AD from Atmas.

Frozen mallet

Almost every other support outclasses supportplank, including Yorick

Mid Best Lux NA

Recruiter

02-17-2013

I would consider randuins for more peel

Docta Grim

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROKAF JE View Post
No, it's definitely not 60 AD from Atmas.

Frozen mallet

Almost every other support outclasses supportplank, including Yorick
1.5% of 3k hp is 45, my math was off there, but giving yourself an extra 45 armor, 15% crit chance, ontop of 45 extra AD outclasses frozen mallet in every aspect as far as effective health goes at 3k hp.

Edit: also why do you feel that support plank isn't viable? Is it because he's almost exactly like nunu except he does physical damage? Sorry my friend who's afraid to show his elo so he posts on a smurf account because he was quite possibly one of the people posting things like vi 26 and whatnot.

ROKAF JE

02-17-2013

You asked what item to buy, I recommended frozen mallet..

LogicalTautology

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docta Grim View Post
1.5% of 3k hp is 45, my math was off there, but giving yourself an extra 45 armor, 15% crit chance, ontop of 45 extra AD outclasses frozen mallet in every aspect as far as effective health goes at 3k hp.

Edit: also why do you feel that support plank isn't viable? Is it because he's almost exactly like nunu except he does physical damage? Sorry my friend who's afraid to show his elo so he posts on a smurf account because he was quite possibly one of the people posting things like vi 26 and whatnot.
1) Support GP is not viable
2) Support GP is not remotely like Nunu
3) Atmas is not remotely viable on any Support
4) You don't even have 2k base HP at level 18, why would you base an item choice off of having 3k HP by level 13-14?

Gyarados7

02-17-2013

when I main support i get philostone and sightstone early, then go up to ruby sightstone. Then I locket of the solari and aegis of the legion in the order it would work best with the team. Then tanky supports like taric, ali, leona I get warmogs or mallet. Otherwise I increase the amount of wards I buy. Then probably during my aegis and solari i had gotten boots of speed and just now I would go up to mobility or cd reduction. Then I should have 1-2 item slots and I buy hella wards/exilirs/oracles along with possibly frozen heart or GA.

ROKAF JE

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalTautology View Post
1) Support GP is not viable
2) Support GP is not remotely like Nunu
3) Atmas is not remotely viable on any Support
4) You don't even have 2k base HP at level 18, why would you base an item choice off of having 3k HP by level 13-14?

1) Support GP was played in the highest levels in s2, S3 I have no idea
2) Half true, the buff is alright.. not good, but alright
3) it's dirt cheap for what you get, and for a support yorick/gp it's not bad