Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Xypherous: How to fix Warmog's without nerfing the regen to 1% because of laning...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Danage

02-17-2013

bump

Cenerae

02-17-2013

Pleasently surprised to see a good suggestion on the GD for once in a while. Not a bad idea at all.

Exocist

02-17-2013

Ad carry just buys it later, not a true fix to the problem, but getting there.

Hotdogs

02-17-2013

locket of the iron solari is already much better than warmogs

Danage

02-17-2013

bump

Unban Auspexa

02-17-2013

This was my suggestion.

Retentions

02-17-2013

and then giants belt stacking

AdmiralAardvark

02-17-2013

I think that this makes the item too all-in, cause what if you get snowballed on and fall behind in levels?

I would rather see a Rod of Ages style timed stacking, where it started with 600 and got 40 each minute for 10 minutes. Its supposed to be a reliable HP item, and i think this way it would require being rushed (like RoA needs to be first item or skipped entirely) but would severely hinder your mid game damage without making you invincible.

Also, you cant just get it 6th item this way, you have to have planned for it otherwise you will lose the game without getting the full effect.

Private Riem

02-17-2013

Quote:
Private Riem:
The problem we have right now, is that with resists nerfed into the ground, HP is basically the only really effective way to get appropriate defense.

I think we can all agree with this.

We can also agree that, with most bruisers having high base damages, and Warmog giving a whopping 1000 hp by itself, on top of regen, it's not uncommon to see bruisers surviving long enough to kill squishier targets that should be doing significantly more damage.

With all that said, I feel like it's too easy to get high amounts of hp in too little slots.
With resists nerfed, with everybody stacking hp to survive, bruisers are taking the spot tanks were supposed to fill. Seen as higher damage tanks, a lot of bruisers are capable of doing the initiation as well as tanks.

What I suggest, is to make it so tanks are rewarded for stacking hp in greater quantities, and make it more difficult to get great amount of HP in very few item slots.

In short, I want Warmog to be a great tank item, and terrible, or inefficient, for everybody else.
How could we possibly do that? Here is the idea I had. Please note that I'm using random numbers and that this suggestion should be criticized based on the idea, not the figures.

Warmog's armor- New

-Ruby Crystal (475g)
-Rejuvenation Bead (180g)
-Rejuvenation Bead (180g)
-Arbitrary combine cost
~350 hp
Unique passive: Increase health gained from other item sources by 50%
Unique Passive: You gain health regeneration equal to 1.5% of your maximum health.

In this scenario (with these figures), you'd have to get 1300 hp from other items to get as much hp with Warmog's as you used to. This means tanks get rewarded for building pure tank, bruisers are penalised for rushing Warmog's, and places a greater focus on other sources of HP available.
The number of base HP and the % can be tweaked to balance the stats, as I have no idea how problematic this can get. Since the passive only works on hp from items, this shouldn't make Singed or Vlad too overkill.

Of course, something should be done about resists so people simply end up without anything to buy for survivability.

What do you guys think? I'm sure somebody can come up with something else we could use to improve tank itemization. I don't have a problem with people buying survivability, but I feel Warmog gives too much for taking only one slot. I'd love it if tanks got something for going the extra mile and building pure tank items.

From Item discussion, where it belongs

Spardaencelo

02-17-2013

bump, good idea