@Xypherous: How to fix Warmog's without nerfing the regen to 1% because of laning...

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 38
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Danage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2013

Hello all,

Xypherous recently stated...

Quote:
* Regeneration lowered to 1% from 1.5%.

We're mostly concerned at the moment with the early laning snowball case of this item, rather than the teamfight potential...
... the majority of the pain point of Warmog's should be how well it allows you to win the lane by mere stubborness and be immune to ganks.
In short, it's too powerful early game because of the large amount of health and the sustain given. There is an easy and simple solution...

Quote:
Warmog's Armor
Stats +640 health
Passive: Gain 20 x Current Level in Maximum Health
Unique Passive: You gain health regeneration equal to 1.5% of your maximum health every 5 seconds.
What does this mean?
  • At level 1, the champion will have 660 health from Warmog's. (640 + 20x1 = 640 + 20 = 660 health)
  • At level 10, the champion will have 840 health from Warmog's. (640 + 20x10 = 640 + 200 = 840 health)
  • At level 18, the champion will have 1000 health from Warmog's (640 + 20x18 = 640 + 360 = 1000 health)

Why do this?
1. If bought early, it still gives a HUGE chunk of health, but not as much as the LIVE version.
2. Early game, there are probably more efficient items in terms of total price paid. Late game, still very efficient and cost effective
3. It still keeps the 1.5% regen passive.
4. There is little to no late game sacrifice in terms of maximum health or regen.
5. It solves the laning phase problem of being stubborn or ungankable because champion health and regen will be lower.
6. It is still possible to buy multiple Warmog's for HUGE health pools because the health gain is not UNIQUE. (Regen stays unique)

What are your thoughts??

Cheers,
Danage

EDIT: Another possible change adapted from Cronovey. Change the regen such that it isn't as strong early game as well, but slightly stronger than live late game.
Unique Passive: You gain health regeneration equal to (0.1% * Level) of your maximum health every 5 seconds.

At level 1, you get 0.1% regen
At level 10, you get 1.0% regen
At level 18, you get 1.8% regen (live is currently 1.5%)

EDIT 2: Don't let this point overshadow my main post, but can we get Warmog's added to Dominion?? It was removed because of the minion passive it had in Season 2. Now it doesn't have that passive but it is still missing from Dominion. Thank you.

ColdBlood

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2013

pretty good idea

TweakJesus1

02-17-2013

Oh my god........ this is brilliant.

Mïkêy

02-17-2013

Not a bad idea

Crowcaine

02-17-2013

good idea, i hope they see this

Cronovey

02-17-2013

I actually had a different thought. Why not just make the health regen scale with level?

Warmog's Armor
Stats +1000 health
Unique Passive: You gain health regeneration equal to (0.1% * Level) of your maximum health every 5 seconds.

This makes it a weaker regeneration tool early game but scales it very well into late game.

Trakzz

02-17-2013

A health item that scales per level, I like where this is going

However I think the value at level 18 would have to be greater than 1k hp to compensate for the extreme early nerf (Warmog's isn't even that gold efficient at base value)

Soul Cloud

02-17-2013

You put the balancing team to shame

DomainSpecific

02-17-2013

I like it.

MacDagar

02-17-2013

These are both great ideas, Bump

1234511 ... 38