Just a Question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KupoGrounds

02-16-2013

Do players, prior to being banned or perma-banned, ever get a warning? I mean, based on how many people complain about losing their account, it almost seems like they didn't see it coming, as if no one told them they crossed too far into the line and before they know it, they lose a lot of time and money on this game and now it's gone.

VCJunky

02-16-2013

Depends on the frequency and severity of infractions.

Most people do receive an email warning if it was their first time in the Tribunal and their case was not too serious. Otherwise it's usually a "short" time ban.

It is very hard to get perma-banned. Usually this happens after being time-banned multiple times. If it was a direct perma-ban, it was by Riot Staff and has nothing to do with the Tribunal.

Riverstyx201

02-16-2013

Barring particularly extreme circumstances, there is a punish ladder where you get a warning, then around 3-4 increasing time bans before a perma.

So you could say the time bans are the warnings after the warning.

YueienGato

02-16-2013

Honestly, after spending almost six months here that is the first question that has made me stop and ponder what exactly has driven people, from a cognative standpoint, to keep doing x if they've been told that x is negative?

Honestly cannot give you an objective answer; subjectively, I think it is either wilful ignorance that their behaviour can have harmful effects for their account, or that they are too lazy to consider the future results of x behaviour.

Qichin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2013

If you follow the general path of punishment progression, you get a warning before any kind of ban. By "general" I mean not from LeaverBuster, nor something so very toxic that Riot manually bans you outright, or things like that.

It is surprising indeed how many people act like they didn't see it coming (as several threads here are only about permabans, not time bans), especially seeing as how it takes multiple separate time bans to reach a permaban.