New type of "why am i banned"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slowilly

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverstyx201 View Post
Because, like the quote above states, all retaliation does is multiply the problem and annoy up to eight other people who now have to watch the resulting flame war.

Ignoring the guy and reporting at the end of the game is easier on everyone.

it seems like everyone advocating for tribunal is a LOLangel who never gets angry or never replies to negative comments directed towards them, in game or out

if ignoring and reporting are the only thing you can do to a toxic player, dont u see that is pretty flawed?
toxic player trash talks -> leads to someone STFUing at them -> trololol report -> flawless victory?

Riverstyx201

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowilly1212 View Post
it seems like everyone advocating for tribunal is a LOLangel who never gets angry or never replies to negative comments directed towards them, in game or out

if ignoring and reporting are the only thing you can do to a toxic player, dont u see that is pretty flawed?
toxic player trash talks -> leads to someone STFUing at them -> trololol report -> flawless victory?
Well, us and the 95% of players who don't get any action taken against them by the Tribunal.

It's really not that hard to just not respond to trolls and report at the end of the game, especially since there's a built in "STFU" button that works much better than any retaliation ever could right next to their name on the Tab screen.

Shelzin

02-16-2013

*shrugs*

So you pick a game where you were falsely reported. Straight out...

No reform card = No service.

Slowilly

02-16-2013

again, coming back to taking a completely submissive role to toxic players? i dont see how that is a solution. it seems league wants you to follow the high school method of "he hit me, but i didnt hit him back" mentality... i wonder if i should go punching people downtown

Riverstyx201

02-16-2013

Quote:
again, coming back to taking a completely submissive role to toxic players? i dont see how that is a solution. it seems league wants you to follow the high school method of "he hit me, but i didnt hit him back" mentality... i wonder if i should go punching people downtown
Just think about it: has anyone ever stopped a troll by insulting them? Anyone at all? No, because that's exactly what they want. And by insulting right back, you're part of the problem, period.

Also, terrible analogy. You can't call "self-defense" when there's no physical harm to defend against.

Slowilly

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelzin View Post
*shrugs*

pick a game

a game

post 3/5

post 8/11 reports

Xianio

02-17-2013

Until you show us the reform card, there is nothing of value we can tell you.

If you're embarrassed about 1 of the games or something don't be. I'm sure we've seen much worse than whatever you've done. Honestly though, this isn't a place where "we" lift bans.

All we do is tell you where you're going wrong so you can stop doing that and never get banned again.

If you want that, post your card. If you want to risk getting banned again don't. There is no value in what you're doing right now.

Slowilly

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverstyx201 View Post
Just think about it: has anyone ever stopped a troll by insulting them? Anyone at all? No, because that's exactly what they want. And by insulting right back, you're part of the problem, period.

Also, terrible analogy. You can't call "self-defense" when there's no physical harm to defend against.

and yet, defending my position on why someone is raging at me is being called toxic/troll/whatever

how about these analogies: go to feminist rally saying "Get back to the kitchen" through a megaphone

Call a group of bikers retarded

Tell a bouncer he looks like a *****

Give a cop the finger saying hes a degenerate

Tell the guy making your cup of coffee not to **** it up cuz u know he only has his GED

any of these analogies would get backlash, but on the internet because arguing with a troll solves nothing, we have to hide in shame for if we are reported, we are also toxic

Slowilly

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xianio View Post
Until you show us the reform card, there is nothing of value we can tell you.

If you're embarrassed about 1 of the games or something don't be. I'm sure we've seen much worse than whatever you've done. Honestly though, this isn't a place where "we" lift bans.

All we do is tell you where you're going wrong so you can stop doing that and never get banned again.

If you want that, post your card. If you want to risk getting banned again don't. There is no value in what you're doing right now.

9 Minutes Ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelzin
*shrugs*

pick a game

a game

post 3/5

post 8/11 reports

as stated, only care about the blue name

Riverstyx201

02-17-2013

Quote:
and yet, defending my position on why someone is raging at me is being called toxic/troll/whatever

how about these analogies: go to feminist rally saying "Get back to the kitchen" through a megaphone

Call a group of bikers retarded

Tell a bouncer he looks like a *****

Give a cop the finger saying hes a degenerate

Tell the guy making your cup of coffee not to **** it up cuz u know he only has his GED

any of these analogies would get backlash, but on the internet because arguing with a troll solves nothing, we have to hide in shame for if we are reported, we are also toxic
And the only reason trolls troll on the internet and not IRL (usually anyway) is because they know they can troll for reactions and get away with it.

You're completely missing the point I'm trying to make here: Trolls THRIVE off of the reactions people give them. It. Is. What. They. Want. By ignoring them, they'll shut up much quicker and cleaner than by a flame war.

Real life analogies just plain don't work here because it's not real life we're arguing about, now is it?