Early game buy back full refund!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LogicalTautology

02-17-2013

If you're in the fountain past the 0:10 mark of the game you're putting your team at a hefty disadvantage anyways. This is a poorly-designed idea, since buying the right items quickly to start the game is absolutely a skill, and that's without even taking into account abuse from CV.

Causing Panic

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devinos View Post
Cv op
clairvoyence haha
I was just going to post this, what if a team support actually uses this in game, and uses it to see what lane everyone is going/builds they are starting, you could easily sell all your items rebuy and switch lanes knowing they saw your builds to have the advantage

ROKAF JE

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalTautology View Post
If you're in the fountain past the 0:10 mark of the game you're putting your team at a hefty disadvantage anyways. This is a poorly-designed idea, since buying the right items quickly to start the game is absolutely a skill, and that's without even taking into account abuse from CV.
No you aren't, and no it isn't.
2 people can guard from invasions no problem.

CV is rarely taken unless it's a Janna with no Flash.

Causing Panic

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROKAF JE View Post

CV is rarely taken unless it's a Janna with no Flash.

lol 2 people can guard an invade? goodluck having 5man invade with a taric stun on there side

LogicalTautology

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROKAF JE View Post
No.

If there is a single person not in position by 0:30-0:35 or so, then you forfeit at least a buff and quite possibly FB if five people walk into your Jungle.

Romantic Metro

02-17-2013

Quote:
OP: Causing Panic.

"clairvoyence haha
I was just going to post this, what if a team support actually uses this in game, and uses it to see what lane everyone is going/builds they are starting, you could easily sell all your items rebuy and switch lanes knowing they saw your builds to have the advantage"

Fair enough no idea is perfect and I always appreciate the input!. Still if someone is willing to grab CV just for that early game they sacrifice somewhat for the team fights by losing a summoner spell like ignite/exhaust/heal/etc. I also don't think it's as signifigant as it sounds if a team sees your early game build. Cause a team could just do this anyways right now. Also I'm buying a build that's specific to the type of champion anyways. So you're aware that a support has one less ward you coulda figured that out when they showed up. If anything CV could be used right now even without the buff to facecheck an area to see if it's worth an invasion or to see early game builds.

Also in bold: Sure it can be broke down that way. I also am ok with the system now: I bought an item that I didn't want F* me lol I'm stuck with it oh well. However I can see this game mechanic helping players out. Someone else said it: that they've boughten items for a different champ than the one they were using cause they just think they are something different. I've done it as a jungler where I think I'm top and buy boots on accident. All I'm aiming for is to make sure people (and oh most definitely me :P) is that hey you messed up buying an item and the game says no worries here's a full refund but once you leave there are no full refunds.

So to my understanding CV really doesn't play as much as an effect to the fountain anyways. I still see this idea working just fine within the scheme of this game right now and in the future. So thank you for your input any more input? Counterpoint?

CBK Godfather

02-17-2013

If you're guarding a buff and you initiate vs them 2v5 you're an idiot. Just saying.

If you see that happening your team should simply go take their buff, and screw them out of the rest of their jungle on that side in the process. Countering a counter jungle is an easy skill, which many people don't possess. But it can totally turn a game around. Imagine a jungler thinking they're getting your red and their red as well, only to find out that they had their red, 3/4 wraiths, and the large golem stolen. That'd be devastating to a jungler's early game, especially if they get no ganks (which they shouldn't because you're warding, right? ).

Also, if they run clairvoyance, then cool. They know who's going where and what you're starting with. That's already in the game correct? So in theory, you'd be countering clairvoyance by giving yourselves a chance to sell back the items and possibly start another way.

Still liking the idea though.

ROKAF JE

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Causing Panic View Post
lol 2 people can guard an invade? goodluck having 5man invade with a taric stun on there side
Quote:
No.

If there is a single person not in position by 0:30-0:35 or so, then you forfeit at least a buff and quite possibly FB if five people walk into your Jungle.
Whats a ward
Whats a bush guard

Romantic Metro

02-17-2013

Super bump!

Romantic Metro

02-18-2013

bump