Is Yorick worth it?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cspence1395

02-16-2013

I played Yorick when he was free and had tons of fun.

The thing is I like to own a skin on champions I choose to main and all of Yoricks are pretty bad.

They just don't good particularly great to me.

So this poses a dilemma.

Same goes for Trundle, I would very much consider him but I'm not into the "fun" skins where they aren't there to look cool, but instead to look funny or something.

What should I do?

Cspence1395

02-17-2013

nobody?

Phixation

02-17-2013

I enjoy Yorick, not sure how well he does in terms of being competitive but I enjoy playing him. I use the Penta-kill skin because I'm a child of the 80's and he looks like Slash from Guns & Roses. =P

Cspence1395

02-17-2013

Yeah I mean tons of people like his skins but I like a skin that I feel like represents me.

If some guy who has no idea about league happens to see me playing it one day and I show them my main is Taric with the pink skin there going to think I'm a loser.

At least I'll have some dignity if I show them something that looks bad ass..

LarcyBrown

02-17-2013

yorick is good, we all know he has godly harass in lane and the utility on the ultimate late game is decent.

the hard part on yorick is mana management and having the right build so that his Q hits like a truck.
also finding the right balance between tanky and damage in season 3 on yorick is hard.

Pep Legend

02-22-2013

Look up the skins as they appear in game, and if they don't strike you, play the champion vanilla for a while. If you like the feel and your doing well, keep him. If not, then choose another champ that suits you better. What I have found from playing Yorick is that his lack of a good snare and his focus on dealing higher damage by having more ghouls out makes it difficult to pin your opponents down. You have to trick people into fighting you, because your Q doesn't give enough of a MS boost to keep you on them without ghost or your W. Harass them with E until they try to trade you, then E-Q them and auto attack, moving between attacks to get behind them. When they start running from your damage, W them and repeat the Q-E. Unless they are in the mid levels of HP you usually won't kill them without a summoner spell or team assistance, so when they get out of range don't get greedy and just go back to farming the lane and watch your back for jungle ganks.

Moragtao

02-22-2013

Yorick, in my opinion, is probably one of the strongest top laners in the game right now. He has good damage and amazing sustain with his E. His skins I will agree are kind of sub-par compared to others, but I own the gravedigger one and I'm happy with it.

As for Trundle, I wouldn't. Currently, he's a pretty useless champion, at least in my opinion.

And, just to throw it out there, Armor of the 5th Age Taric is one of the best skins in the game

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2013

Yorick is a solid top laner, but doesnt tend to do very well afterwards.

For most top tier toplaners, imagining them as fed is fearful. OMG a fed Riven..GG. OMG fed Irelia, GG. But fed yorick doesnt really scare anyone.

Its hard to kill people as yorick as his damage is predictable and he has no real gapcloser. Only idiots actually die to yorick, though many get denied and zoned by him.

This means that its hard to carry with yorick. Hes tough, tanky, decent damage, annoying later on. But his non-scaling ghoul AS means his ghouls do minimal damage later on and get killed by AoE. His lack of good AD scaling stuff ensures his damage is mediocre.
He cant really charge an enemy carry and demand attention like an Irelia.

So he is kind of limited lategame. He needs to win convincingly early game to have made a real strong impact.

Cranshinibon

02-26-2013

His Pentakill Skin is a favorite of mine as well, but the gravedigger one is kinda cool too, in a steampunky sort of way (the blue looks especially cool on him). He does lack skins, and i hope Riot gives him a new cool skin because he could really use it. He's a great champion and I main him whenever I can. People seem to flock towards to meta and new champs, while Yorick, and other fun champs (like Viktor, Urgot, Evelynn) fall into the shadows because they require skill and timing to do well.

I wouldn't base getting him on his skin, but rather on how well you play him, and how much you enjoy him as a champ. The more people who play - the greater the hope for a new skin one day