The final GP question: What came first, the Ghostblade or the IE?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TechpriestJadoko

10-27-2010

So, I've gotten pretty good with GP. Changed my runes to Crit/MP5 runes with HP Seals, twinked my masteries around a tad to optimize physical damage, and overall, I've been doing pretty well with him. I have 12% Crit at the moment with runes and masteries (working on higher ranked runes), so I don't have to worry about a Glove early on, and can instead just get a Maki's.

My sole issue, now, is this: Should I get the Ghostblade first, or IE? The Ghostblade is almost the perfect physical DPS item, but IE pretty much makes GP a killing machine.

Here's how my build tends to go as.

Beginning game: Maki's, two CORN CANDIES NOM

Get AB and boots (Tobi's or Mercs, depending on enemy team comp), build AB into Ghostblade (May get Brutalizer ahead of time if farming is a bit slow)

Frozen Mallet
Atmas
IE

At any time, I can change Maki to Manamune for extra damage. This is just what I've been working with and it seems to be effective enough, even though my early game damage is nothing extreme. It gets the job done still, but it's sometimes not explosive enough.

The way I'm looking at it is, if I go IE, I'm not even going to bother with Ghostblade. I'll lose too much survivability farming for both of those items one after another. I need to get one, then work on Frozen Mallet.

So, I'm looking at the advantages and disadvantages of each.

Ghostblade gives me everything I want: AD, Armor Pen, Cooldown Reduction, Crit, and a very awesome active for a reasonable price.

IE gives me a lot more AD, a LOT of crit, and 50% more crit damage, which on GP, is amazing. Problem is, it's the second/third (one of the two) most expensive item in the game, and has no other worthwhile benefits.

So I'm asking you, the general populace, this: What should I go for first on Gangplank? Ghostblade or IE?

Truckasaurus

10-27-2010

Sheen.

Nuwonga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-27-2010

As amazing as the Ghostblade is, nearly every physical DPSer should get an IE first.

TechpriestJadoko

10-27-2010

Right, well, I tried building IE first...and I'm not liking it.

Takes a good bit longer to get 4k gold, and I am not gonna just have the base materials for IE on hand because that means I'll be of limited use.

I bought two ABs to kinda keep myself semi-viable and to help with gold, but...eh. Ghostblade offers a lot for being much more cost effective, and I'll be more useful faster, with extra gold to spare.

I can't say I agree with getting IE first from testing it. I'll try a few different builds, but I might stick with Ghostblade first...