After every game my client crashes

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warrikon

02-16-2013

I don't know how to reproduce this, sometimes it happens when I play and sometimes it doesn't. It seems to happen less when I am running lol as administrator

steps: (sort of, its inconsistant)

Play a game of lol
End the game somehow, through victory or defeat.
click on victory/defeat sign (ingame)

see the end launcher doesn't actually load up.

This has prevented me from reporting a numerous amount of people... and.. i'm kinda sad, cause they were apsolute jerks and deserved it. >_>

so, pls halp.

commonly happens in ranked

Rewenger

02-16-2013

Also it often crashes when you try to look your profile.

Ilioneus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2013

While the game doesn't crash when I view my profile, an error:null message appears when I look at someone's profile. The game does crash regularly after every ranked game.

Edit: and fortunately, I have not needed to report anyone. But I have wanted to honor people. ;(

Edit^2: this problem only started since this last patch to fix some bugs that players were experiencing was implemented today. It has never before crashed on me after a game was completed. I still get all the stats from the game associated with my account, I just can't see them until I log back in.

Warrikon

02-17-2013

bump..

ASoGBullet

02-17-2013

I am also getting the same errors described here, the game crashing after clicking the victory/defeat button and also the client stops responding when I try to view somebody's profile, unless I physically search for them.

a can of soap

02-17-2013

may i ask have you got two launchers occuring at the same time what sometimes happends to me is my launcher works but when i start it i double click it 3 times and another box come upsaying 'another client is running do you wish to close this one" and if you click on it it closes the opened one and restarts it.. im not sure if this is happening where your game has ended and your clicking the underlapped box on your desktop on accident .. this is the only thought i had unless like you said was a bug itself

Warrikon

02-18-2013

^^ towards you,..

umm, this happens after the bug. It also happens when lol normally crashes ( I should add i used to get a lot of client crashes).
but I only open one, at a time, because I assume that the actual 'lol' has quit itself after crashing but apparently it hasn't because it has the riot logo down the bottom (sort of) on my screen until I move my mouse over it.

DrBarber101

02-19-2013

I get this all the time, It sucks when you cant report those who need to be reported and you can't honor those who deserve it. =\ I still don't know what exactly causes, but I know that the client itself crashes but leaves behind the actual game. Most probably the problem is that error [Disconnected from PVP.NET -- Client will now close].

DrBarber101

02-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by a can of soap View Post
may i ask have you got two launchers occuring at the same time what sometimes happends to me is my launcher works but when i start it i double click it 3 times and another box come upsaying 'another client is running do you wish to close this one" and if you click on it it closes the opened one and restarts it.. im not sure if this is happening where your game has ended and your clicking the underlapped box on your desktop on accident .. this is the only thought i had unless like you said was a bug itself
If you enter a game, and you start up your task manager, you can see that LoL essentially starts up 4 things.
[1]. LoLlauncher (the lol startup)
[2]. LoLclient (the actual client itself)
[3]. rads PVP.Net Kernel Patcher (my guess, what has you connected to server)
and
[4]. League of Legends (<once you're actually in game)

The actual game and the client are 2 separate things, if you end the process on [4] then [2] will pop up telling you to reconnect and reopen [4], but if [2] closes but you're still connected thru [4] then when you end game[2] will not show up, but the reason you have been able to play is because [3] has kept you connected.

*If I am incorrect, please correct me.*

mtato

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-19-2013

My client also crashes at some point during each game (I suspect it could be as soon as the game starts, because a few times it has failed to open the game and I have had to relog before I can connect).

This started after a recent patch, as others have mentioned.

Maybe unrelated - I've been getting strange ping spikes which last about 30 seconds, as far as I can tell it's nothing to do with my net (everything else works as usual) where my ping will increase from its usual ~150 to anywhere between 600 and 900. Eventually comes right, but I've lost games because it happens in a crucial fight

12345 ... 6