Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Xypherous -Request the Removal of chain vest from Atma's impaler for Madreds Razor

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eyrgos

02-18-2013

Word.

Samflash3

02-21-2013

I'm no too big a fan of Chain vest on Atmas.Just gaining 5 armour for an upgrade doesb't seem right

Samflash3

02-25-2013

Mr Xypherous. What are your thoughts on Atmas Impaler right now?

Nakage

Recruiter

02-26-2013

I like the idea of this, and it makes sense for the most part. Everyone needs to remember that changing chain vest to madreds will not remove the armor from atmas. It will still be there, but possibly 10-20 less.

Atmas in its current state isn't too attractive of an item just because of the health meta (silly I know, as it scales with health). The idea is "There are better items in terms of damage and resistances aren't as good now." I think adding health to atmas would be an awesome idea above just adding more damage to it.

Right now I'm simply stuck in the loop of "Why should I buy this above black cleaver?" As a bruiser/tanky jungle, I don't really need anymore than 1 good damage item. I truthfully think that adding health to atmas or increasing the AD gain from health back to 1.5 will make this item more attractive again.

smurfette2000

02-27-2013

If you have a problem with it then go build it on a 5k hp Olaf. That's what it's for. People like Olaf voli sej Mundo who build a ton of hp.

Samflash3

02-27-2013

Quote:
smurfette2000:
If you have a problem with it then go build it on a 5k hp Olaf. That's what it's for. People like Olaf voli sej Mundo who build a ton of hp.

Getting 5k HP is not optimal. You'd need like 3 warmongs. Even then, when you have it, your damage wll be way smaller than if you had just bought some other strong item.

smurfette2000

02-27-2013

Mallet/sunfire/warmogs with %hp quints gets about 5k. For Olaf sej Mundo voli and shen this works well because they have either damage scaling of hp or in kindle case just amazing synergy with more hp. In every case you can choose to take the atmas for what,60AD? That's where I consider atmas niche to be

Bidorr the Great

02-27-2013

Quote:
Samflash3:

Effect doubled for non-champions

You had me up until that.... Even if you made it only apply to monsters, this would make tanky bruiser jungling mind-blowingly OP. Can you imagine a Sion with this item? He wouldn't even need to buy ANY damage items, just HP, some defense, and maybe some aspd and it'd be GG

Edit in addendum: This would be ESPECIALLY bad if it applied to minions, too. All hail tank Teemo, god-king of top lane

Seriously though, fix the wording on that. "Effect doubled for non-champions" means you're dealing this bonus magic dmg to minions, monsters, turrets, inhibitors, and probably the air particles surrounding any of those objects.

Prefix

Recruiter

02-27-2013

Just give Lantern an upgrade like it does in 3v3 map.

nonamekm

02-28-2013

Quote:
Nearika:
Unfortunately doing this would make the item sub-optimal for champions who can currently use Atmas in lane, so how would you make this item attractive to them?

people use it in lane? i havent seen it built since S2. any buff would be nice, I think this change could be useful at least it might get bought a few times.