Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Xypherous -Request the Removal of chain vest from Atma's impaler for Madreds Razor

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Samflash3

02-16-2013

Madreds Razor is an item which is used as a jungling item. Unfortunately having only one upgrade path(wriggles) kind of leaves it sub par. With spirit stone being an healthy alternative, it seems that a lot of junglers problem have been solved. But unfortunately, some junglers prefer madreds razor to spirit stone but do not exactly need some of the bonus stat like lifesteal especially if they are going to build other lifesteal items like BT, or BoRK.
Atmas impaler on the other hand is an item which gives more benefit to health stackers. Even with a champion that has 2000 health, the item is cost efective. LoL wiki even states that Atma's Impaler is gold efficient if the champion has at least 1083 health.

Now lets analyze the stat and reasons why i am supporting this

Atmas Impaler
Recipe
■ Chain Vest (720g)
■ Avarice Blade (800g)
■ 780g

These are the total cost for the items. Avarice blade as of season 3 has been great on lanes like top, and even bot lane for the cases of passive farmers (ashe) and the Bankplank support with pickpocket(if he parrleys a ranged minion= $$). Recently, when i tried it in the jungle, it gave +2 gold even when killing minions of +3 gold. That was a 60% gain (if my math is correct) from the small monster.

Now, if Avarice blade was purchased as an early item, it would encourage junglers to stay in the jungle and clear waves since they get bonus gold. On a full clear, they'd get 30 gold (not including the 3 gold/5 that they'd get).

As for Wriggles Lantern,

■Madred's Razors (700g)
Cloth Armor (300g)
Hunter's Machete (300g)
100g

■ Vampiric Scepter (800g)
Long Sword (400g)
400g

■ 100g
EDIT: Post got entered before i could finish writing

Wriggles Lantern is the all in one item for AD junglers. It provides armour, lifesteal, improved clear rate, and a free ward. Unfortunately, it tends to be sub optimal for some characters. There are some times when 10% lifesteal is pleanty enough(someone like nasus/ lee sin) and there are times when that amount is not enough like shyvana and such would have to go for bigger items. Or champions that have enough sustain and would actually want more tanky stats (like Warwick and GP). Then atmas would be a healthy choice for them.

So here is the new recipe

Atmas Impaler
Recipe
■Madred's Razors (700g)
Cloth Armor (300g)
Hunter's Machete (300g)
100g

■ Avarice Blade (800g)
Brawler's Gloves (400g)
400g

■ 850g
Unique Passive - Impale: Basic attacks have a 20% chance to deal 100 bonus magic damage. Effect doubled for minions and monsters and pets.

Unique Passive : You gain attack damage equal to 1.5% of your maximum health.

Samflash3

02-16-2013

Bumping because of edited lines

Nearika

02-16-2013

Unfortunately doing this would make the item sub-optimal for champions who can currently use Atmas in lane, so how would you make this item attractive to them?

Surgo

02-16-2013

Atma's is already suboptimal, because it's a waste of an item slot. Giving it a different upgrade path is neat, but doesn't solve the underlying issue. It needs to be more expensive with better stats.

IonDragonX

02-16-2013

Quote:
Samflash3:
@Xypherous -Request the Removal of chain vest from Atma's impaler for Madreds Razor

The problem with this is it would only be available on Summoner's Rift.....

Otherwise, I'd be all for your idea.

Samflash3

02-16-2013

Quote:
Surgo:
Atma's is already suboptimal, because it's a waste of an item slot. Giving it a different upgrade path is neat, but doesn't solve the underlying issue. It needs to be more expensive with better stats.

True. But so is Wriggles. Thats why im suggesting combining their strengths for a fighter tank.

Samflash3

02-17-2013

Although about it being restricted to summoners rift. Maybe the recipe/name would change in Dominion/Aram or the Grez spectral lantern could be used as a substitute. Lightbronger being the only upgrade to it in other maps makes it limited in its usage. Not everyone wants it and there are too many teemos

Samflash3

02-18-2013

Quote:
Nearika:
Unfortunately doing this would make the item sub-optimal for champions who can currently use Atmas in lane, so how would you make this item attractive to them?

As for the fact that it narrows characters that use it, it could actually benefit them. Madreds razor improves rate of farming minions and monsters for champions. This is actually useful for tanky characters who sacrifice damage for tankyness and cannot easily clear a wave. For example Nautilus/Leona/Udyr. Also, it makes him useful at killing dragon/baron. Although compared to chain vest, it may seem like a downgrade. But it makes the upgrade to 45 armour so much sweeter. I also suggest adding a similar passive to Lightbringer to the new atmas impaler to actually make it awesome i.e
Unique - Impale: Basic attacks have a 20% chance to deal 100 bonus magic damage. Effect doubled for non-champions.
N.B: It was just renamed to Impale. Vanquish is the original name.

Eyrgos

02-18-2013

I love this idea.

Vires1

02-18-2013

Bump, not too thrilled with Atma's at the moment