Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

New Ladder System Issues?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

So I have noticed when we win 3 or 4 games in a row as a team(we are just silver 5, not pros or anything) then we start going against gold div 1 teams until we get a loss. After we get a loss we start going against lower gold or silver until we win 3 in a row then it starts again.

Doesn't this defeat the purpose of tiers if you aren't competing against the people around your tier consistently? I understand going against gold 5 if you are silver 1 and doing your promotion matches, but I can't understand why we as a silver 5 team go against gold 1 teams most of the time.

Do the tiers influence the matchmaking system at all? I am just confused by the whole thing.