ARAM - Q Dodgers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RagingStormX

02-16-2013

Because they wanna own with a op champion but won't play aba
m because they don't wanna fight a op champion

bonfire10

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2013

There's a special place in the 9th circle of hell for people who dodge ARAMs because of their champion.

ATastyDessert

02-16-2013

Would you really enjoy an ARAM with a team comp like this?

Your team:
Udry
Singed
Riven
Warwick
Rammus

Their team:
Malphite
Nidalee
Soraka
Malzahar
Ezreal

Mind you, I'm leaving out some of the stronger champs like Zilean and the other team will still stomp your asses into next week.

Kinslayor

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirafa View Post
Because the point of ARAM is still to win. Because you can't go back, and the relics dont respawn often enough for everyone to heal up to full, sustain and poke is the name of the game. Aoe is also very strong, because you can do damage to everyone at once. It's also not fair when the enemy team has a hard carry that gets free gold and can complete their build in half the time. So imagine this:

Your team - Yorick, Shaco, Teemo, Ashe, Sion

vs.

Enemy team - Nidalee (AP), Master Yi (AP), Soraka (AP), Vayne, Sona (AP).

So here, you have a team that has no sustain, very little poke, and very little aoe. You are going to be playing against a Nidalee who will be throwing out heals every few seconds, a Master Yi that will poke your whole team with Alpha Strike, and healing back any damage with Meditate, a Soraka who can burst heal for 700, a Vayne who will carry their team, and a Sona who will do massive aoe due to her ult having AP scaling, as well as stunning your whole team. She will also be Q-spamming for 10 minutes while the two teams mill around waiting for gold, and she will also be healing 2 teammates for upwards of 300-400 health every 5 seconds. Does that sound fun?

Oh, and let's not forget that they're all running heal and clarity, just to ensure that they won't ever have to go back.
Because there's zero counter to a full AP team...

Kinslayor

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATastyDessert View Post
Would you really enjoy an ARAM with a team comp like this?

Your team:
Udry
Singed
Riven
Warwick
Rammus

Their team:
Malphite
Nidalee
Soraka
Malzahar
Ezreal

Mind you, I'm leaving out some of the stronger champs like Zilean and the other team will still stomp your asses into next week.
It doesnt matter how "useless" you think you're team is compared to theirs. It's about that random factor. That's why it's call aRam... that 2nd "R" is for random. If you don't like it then don't F'ing play it, or play proving grounds w/blind pick like an idiot.

ATastyDessert

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinslayor View Post
It doesnt matter how "useless" you think you're team is compared to theirs. It's about that random factor. That's why it's call aRam... that 2nd "R" is for random. If you don't like it then don't F'ing play it, or play proving grounds w/blind pick like an idiot.
Sorry to say, but a majority of players don't enjoy getting stomped for 20 minutes. When teams are even they will generally stay. I personally don't dodge but I certainly don't enjoy such one side matches even if we are the ones winning.

GMNChampion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-30-2013

Personally I do not dodge ARAMs because it defeats the purpose. I had a match where the other team had plenty of sustain and AOE and my team just had melee champs like Tryn and we wrecked after we hit level 11.

People dodge ARAMs because most people enjoy dealing high amounts of damage with ranged champs or with casters because there's less risk than if you're melee. I see it as a challenge when I get someone "non-optimal" for ARAM to try and be an asset to the team.

It's a fact: ARAMs are not meant to be an even match so don't start playing one if you hope that's the case because the champions are designed to be balanced in a Normal/Ranked setting not in a custom match mode (you can think of the primary examples). I don't agree with people that state they dodge to avoid certain team comps, but I understand where they are coming from.

Gwelaine

09-20-2013

I had to endure someone teasing the team about how they were going to dodge specifically because we had a good team with Nidalee on it, and waited until about 10-20 seconds 'till the match would start before dropping out. There's got to be something that can be done to deter this game dodging, it's just plain infuriating after the umpteenth time

agbudar

09-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATastyDessert View Post
Have you guys ever played an ARAM where your team was just stomped? The kind of stomp where it isn't the skill level difference but the champs that each team had? I've had to endure several of these kinds of games where the game was clearly over at 11 minutes but couldn't surrender.
thats the point we all know who is OP in aram
but its mighty fun to play AP supports in Aram
dat janna suddenly turns into a monster damager makes you wonder why she is forced into a support role to begin with.