Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

ARAM - Q Dodgers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kinslayor

02-16-2013

Why do people join an ARAM and then quit when they don't like their RANDOM champ. Drives me nuts!

Just tried to join 2 ARAM games in a row... the host was inviting friends and if they didn't like their team one would quit and then they'd reinvite. I mean what the F!? Stop being pansies and enjoy the custom game for what it is.

Fareas

02-16-2013

Sometimes the teams are so unfair that i'd rather someone dodge then just destroy the entire team in 8 mins.

DeityBot

02-16-2013

Quote:
Kinslayor:
then quit when they don't like their RANDOM champ.

Kinslayor

02-16-2013

Quote:
Fareas:
Sometimes the teams are so unfair that i'd rather someone dodge then just destroy the entire team in 8 mins.

Then dont join ARAM's if you're too afraid to try non-mobafire builds and see if you can pull and upset.

YDemon

02-16-2013

cause they are fking pussies(no offense to cats of course)

ATastyDessert

02-16-2013

Have you guys ever played an ARAM where your team was just stomped? The kind of stomp where it isn't the skill level difference but the champs that each team had? I've had to endure several of these kinds of games where the game was clearly over at 11 minutes but couldn't surrender.

Eldrvarya Sverd

02-16-2013

I played an aram the other day where the enemy team aced us under our tower 4 minutes into the game. Took the tower. All five suicided on our second tower so they could shop.

5 minutes into the game we had 0 kills to their 5 while they had 3 or 4 times as much gold to work with. Their Graves has a 4 minute BF sword+boots+vamp scepter.

In 6 minutes they had our inhib and another ace.

8 minutes we had one tower left. They ignored it at about two AAs worth of hp left so their minions couldnt get to the nexus.

They then spawn killed us under the fountain for 45 minutes.

I dodge games in ARAM with a team like that now. You and your 30 seconds of extra wait time can go **** yourselves.

VertigoInk

02-16-2013

I feel certain champs are (mechanically) terrible at ARAM (example Tryndamere) and I think it's justified for someone who has randomed into said champ to dodge.

Of course this can't be said other way around (people dodging because of godly picks on other team) otherwise ARAMs would take 20 minutes to get started.

Kinslayor

02-16-2013

Quote:
Eldrvarya Sverd:
I played an aram the other day where the enemy team aced us under our tower 4 minutes into the game. Took the tower. All five suicided on our second tower so they could shop.

5 minutes into the game we had 0 kills to their 5 while they had 3 or 4 times as much gold to work with. Their Graves has a 4 minute BF sword+boots+vamp scepter.

In 6 minutes they had our inhib and another ace.

8 minutes we had one tower left. They ignored it at about two AAs worth of hp left so their minions couldnt get to the nexus.

They then spawn killed us under the fountain for 45 minutes.

I dodge games in ARAM with a team like that now. You and your 30 seconds of extra wait time can go **** yourselves.

All i read here was, "I'm too dumb to surrender, get up and walk away from the computer for a while or alt-tab out of game."

kirafa

02-16-2013

Because the point of ARAM is still to win. Because you can't go back, and the relics dont respawn often enough for everyone to heal up to full, sustain and poke is the name of the game. Aoe is also very strong, because you can do damage to everyone at once. It's also not fair when the enemy team has a hard carry that gets free gold and can complete their build in half the time. So imagine this:

Your team - Yorick, Shaco, Teemo, Ashe, Sion

vs.

Enemy team - Nidalee (AP), Master Yi (AP), Soraka (AP), Vayne, Sona (AP).

So here, you have a team that has no sustain, very little poke, and very little aoe. You are going to be playing against a Nidalee who will be throwing out heals every few seconds, a Master Yi that will poke your whole team with Alpha Strike, and healing back any damage with Meditate, a Soraka who can burst heal for 700, a Vayne who will carry their team, and a Sona who will do massive aoe due to her ult having AP scaling, as well as stunning your whole team. She will also be Q-spamming for 10 minutes while the two teams mill around waiting for gold, and she will also be healing 2 teammates for upwards of 300-400 health every 5 seconds. Does that sound fun?

Oh, and let's not forget that they're all running heal and clarity, just to ensure that they won't ever have to go back.