Why isn't Kennen played as ADC much?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TherIsNoUrfLevel

02-16-2013

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he was only a barely decent pick to begin with, and then they nerfed his AA range which made AD kennen virtually useless.

Kakyoin Noriaki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo the yordle View Post
Runnan's wouldn't apply his passive....does it? Never tried it.
The stacks on his Electrical Surge passive still get applied, but the bonus damage does not. So he will gain up to 3 stacks on Electrical Surge's passive per auto with Runaan's, but only proc the bonus damage and mark of the storm on the primary target.

Source: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik...%27s_Hurricane

Leo the yordle

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakyoin Noriaki View Post
The stacks on his Electrical Surge passive still get applied, but the bonus damage does not. So he will gain up to 3 stacks on Electrical Surge's passive per auto with Runaan's, but only proc the bonus damage and mark of the storm on the unlucky "every 5th" target still.
Oooooh, I'd never thought of Runaan's on him before oddly...thanks

Battletick

02-16-2013

Quote:
Runnan's wouldn't apply his passive....does it? Never tried it.
But it would make him gain his auto attack that applies it more often.

Cloud Potato

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaito Yuujou View Post
I never really understood AD Kennen in the past, but I don't see why it can't be used now. With Runnan's Hurricane, he stuns every 2-3 auto attacks.
This is relevant to my interests. I prefer him as an AP though, and I buy Malady like a true hipster.

Kakyoin Noriaki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2013

Quote:
Oooooh, I'd never thought of Runaan's on him before oddly...thanks
Sure, no problem. It works the same for other ranged on-hit stack passives like Caitlyn's Headshot: only the stack counter gets increased to secondary targets with Runaan's, and only the main target can receive Headshot damage.

Leo the yordle

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blufffy View Post
Champions made to be ADC's > champions tagged AP mages played as ADC's

Other than the w passive doing % AD, he doesn't have a single AD ratio. It's not that he's not viable, there's just better
If you think it wouldn't work because it's not tagged that way, then be sure to rage at every Teemo that doesn't go support. Just throwing that out there. And Tristana doesn't have an AD ratio to her name either, but I still see her played.

Gorsz

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TherIsNoUrfLevel View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but he was only a barely decent pick to begin with, and then they nerfed his AA range which made AD kennen virtually useless.

You're wrong.

People need to get that **** out of their head. They think one nerf means useless. His AA range is still better or on par with every single AD carry except cait.

ValderiusRex

02-16-2013

Tried it, still knocking it. You lose out on all his ratios when you play him that way. Kennen is strong for his great team fight. If you wanna auto attack with kennen, build Nashor's Tooth. That's a good build.

Leo the yordle

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorsz View Post
You're wrong.

People need to get that **** out of their head. They think one nerf means useless. His AA range is still better or on par with every single AD carry except cait.
I actually played as Kennen against a Cait earlier today. If you can dodge her net and press E he's one of the few champions that can catch her. It was a great lane for me...a shame we lost though :/