Why isn't Kennen played as ADC much?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leo the yordle

02-16-2013

I've been wondering why he isn't played as an ADC anymore (I recall hearing he used to be) he seems to have a good enough kit for it: his E gives him a good escape, his Q does nice early damage, and his passive combined with his ult let's him lock down the enemy adc for a fair amount of auto-attacks. I know he's played by Giants in the EU LCS, but why isn't he played by everyone else?

EDIT: The phrase "Don't knock it 'til you try it" carries over here. At least try it a game or two before dismissing it.

Leo the yordle

02-16-2013

Bump

DeityBot

02-16-2013

because people only played him after AD Kennen was played in tourney. All other ADC are much better.

ninbushido

02-16-2013

He used to be played as an AP mage...and still is.

He's also decent as an ADC because he has some nice poke and a decent steroid on his W passive, but his ult doesn't really do anything for him at all since he's supposed to be positioning himself outside of the commotion like all ADCs since he's squishy.

I supposed that he could press R when a bruiser dives him to hopefully get a stun off whilst he orbwalks but that's wasting his full potential on R.

Kennen is just...in a really weird spot right now.

Leo the yordle

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninbushido View Post
He used to be played as an AP mage...and still is.

He's also decent as an ADC because he has some nice poke and a decent steroid on his W passive, but his ult doesn't really do anything for him at all since he's supposed to be positioning himself outside of the commotion like all ADCs since he's squishy.

I supposed that he could press R when a bruiser dives him to hopefully get a stun off whilst he orbwalks but that's wasting his full potential on R.

Kennen is just...in a really weird spot right now.
From what I've played in Kennen ADC before, his ulimate is fantastic for getting a kill in lane. And you're right, his ultimate is used more for keeping himself safe than anything, but if your team is winning the fight, it really helps with clean up.

Renaito Yuujou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2013

I never really understood AD Kennen in the past, but I don't see why it can't be used now. With Runnan's Hurricane, he stuns every 2-3 auto attacks.

Carl Sheburne

02-16-2013

Because he isn't Easyreal lol

Leo the yordle

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaito Yuujou View Post
I never really understood AD Kennen in the past, but I don't see why it can't be used now. With Runnan's Hurricane, he stuns every 2-3 auto attacks.
Runnan's wouldn't apply his passive....does it? Never tried it.

Im Tumblin

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo the yordle View Post
Runnan's wouldn't apply his passive....does it? Never tried it.
It does.

Blufffy

02-16-2013

Champions made to be ADC's > champions tagged AP mages played as ADC's

Other than the w passive doing % AD, he doesn't have a single AD ratio. It's not that he's not viable, there's just better