Point system doesn't work.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rockechild

02-16-2013

Anyone else notice that the way the dominion point system currently works rewards people for doing bad things like triple capping a point when it's much more important for them to be doing something else on the map?
Or how if you stay top for instance and defend it under turret like a hero from multiple attempts to cap it, you get practically no points?
A lot of the time I find my self wondering if I want to be helpful to my team and end up bottom of the points list, OR if I want to play for max points and let the enemy team constantly get caps and win various fights.
In my opinion something needs to be changed, probably something like less points for multi-capping and more points for defending under a tower should help to fix the problem.

A Slime Appears

02-16-2013

It's been noticed about once a week by a different person for quite awhile.

Rockechild

02-16-2013

The main reason I think it negatively effects the game is because I often see people multi-capping instead of doing something more important like going to stop an enemy from attacking a tower.
Even though the latter action is much more important and beneficial to the team, the point system doesn't reflect that.

Reaperr

02-16-2013

Don't forget to always die on point, you get more points that way unless you are actually sitting and defending on it. But yes, I do think the point system is bad and encourages bad behaviors to get a higher score.

IronAegis

02-17-2013

I didn't know people paid attention to points?

Rockechild

02-17-2013

they might pay more attention if it was actually an indication of how well you did, instead of how many points you re-capped.

weezcake

02-17-2013

People love pointing out that they are #1 in points when they are 4/12. Take the point system away and they'll actually have to admit that they're not doing very well.

Eloquid

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronAegis View Post
I didn't know people paid attention to points?
Well they do, worst players in a game that only sit at the turrets doing nothing will always be happy at the end of the game because they ended up first on this list that shouldn't be fixed, it just needs to be deleted anyway.