Updates to the League System

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PPinkDolphin

02-17-2013

Guys im having problems with the colors.The minions,turrets,champions,mobs,dragon,baron,nexus are blue and white idk how this happend please help me!!

Spectre06

02-17-2013

@Yegg - When I read "Changed dodge penalties to 30 minute lockout instead of LP loss" in one of these threads you will be my hero.

High0nP0tenuse

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
Previously you would be getting large LP gains until they suddenly dropped to very small amounts, whereas now the decreases will be much more gradual and will start earlier. It will still take the same number of wins to qualify for the Promotion Series, but your LP total will now be a better indicator of how close you are.

The important change is that now your losses will be similarly reduced, so if you're only going to gain 5 LP from a win, then you'll only be losing something close to 5 LP from a loss as well. You'll no longer see a single loss wipe out all of the LP gains from five or six wins when you're close to 100 LP.

Im only in bronze iv but i see a huge issue here. I have been winning 3 and 4 and 5 game winning streaks right after i was promoteed to this league. in each win im only getting 5lp. so in example i won 5 in a row and had a total of 27 points. i then lossed one and lossed 25 of those points. leaving me with 2 points and what seems an insurmountable climb in this bronze hell. is this not working properly and i need to report it or is this how the system was meant to work?

Keanu Leaves

02-17-2013

- Tweaked LP gains and losses for players and teams in Division I who haven't passed the additional checks to qualify for the next tier

This piece is becoming extremely irritating to me now. I have been getting +5 +3 +2 and i get -10 when I lose. It become extremely irritating considering how i was 50 elo away from my friend before the change, yet he gets put into gold II and I'm put into silver I. especialy when you go on a 6 game win streak yet it proves nothing to getting to a THIRD promotion series.

High0nP0tenuse

02-17-2013

Quote:
Previously you would be getting large LP gains until they suddenly dropped to very small amounts, whereas now the decreases will be much more gradual and will start earlier. It will still take the same number of wins to qualify for the Promotion Series, but your LP total will now be a better indicator of how close you are.

The important change is that now your losses will be similarly reduced, so if you're only going to gain 5 LP from a win, then you'll only be losing something close to 5 LP from a loss as well. You'll no longer see a single loss wipe out all of the LP gains from five or six wins when you're close to 100 LP.

i have found this to be untrue. upon entering bronze 4 i won 5 straight games for a TOTAL of 27 points. then i lost one and lost 25 points. please explain to be how this is an imporvement.......

AfflictedTran

02-17-2013

Quote:

Fixed my ass. I won 4 games in a row to get 18 points. Just lost a game 4v5 bc our jungler left as soon as the game started. How many points did I lose? 5? 7? 9? nope. All 18. bull****

CheetahSpeedLion

02-17-2013

My one suggestion: remove promotion series for crossing divisions. Promotion series for tiers are 100% ok.

TUV

02-17-2013

I wish players would get away from this "OH I CALLED IT TOO BAD" ****

vuester

02-17-2013

I have a problem with the game loading when the teams are in the loading area, is this due to the patch because it happened after I downloaded the patch?

Zelos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Friend of Urf

02-17-2013

Quote:

But we're still ok with the league system that does exactly this whenever you get demoted?