Updates to the League System

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brimstone

02-17-2013

I would like to see 2 things.

1) A "kickvote" in ranked queues to avoid the kind of trolling that has been mentioned here. 4 vote to kick the 1, he's gone. Matchmaking system picks up the next person waiting. Get so tired of kids who just want to play their favorite champ, regardless of roles or team needs, then those of us who accommodate them for the sake of the team end up with a loss. Sure you can dodge, but then YOU get penalized.

2) No surrendering in ranked games. We've all seen DOZENS of games won with a late ace and a push, players should know that they can't just give up in ranked games causing other players potential promotions.

When we did still have an ELO number I will admit I found it easier to play 1200+ ELO (the starting point) just because our teammates were better, generally speaking. In ELO/LP hell however, the more you lose the harder it gets to win, that's just the way it is.

The desperation it breeds forces players to overextend and try to carry simply because the chances that your teammates are horrible is very likely.

I'd pay for an LP reset at this point. A losing streak can really bury you.

Brimstone

02-17-2013

Example:

During S3 preseason placement, when we still had ELO numbers. I decided to always play ranked, just to see where I ended up. At 1200 ELO I won 5 of my first 8. I was 5-3. Lost 2 or 3 in a row and proceeded to lose 12 of my next 16 due in large part to the factors discussed in this thread . Ending up at 9-19 when the new league system launched. That's dead at the bottom of Bronze V. Since then I have gone about 50/50. If I had waited for the new system to launch and gone 50/50 I'd be somewhere in the middle of Silver Division. Won 7 straight yesterday, then lost 2 of 3 and was demoted. Back to players who joyfully announce "BTW FIRST TIME NASUS" after you're in game.

o Snick

02-17-2013

Not good enough. This fails to address the actual problem. That being the harshness of losing a match outweighs benefits of winning one.

MaxAltair

02-17-2013

Its not a real Ranked competiton when u have to deal with another 3 random ppl which may be a fukin trolls that ruin ur entire historial and reputation.
So IMO, Solo/duo qeues are invalid and not proves ur real skills since its a 5 vs 5 ppl team match and not 1 vs 1. Forget about going Solo/Duo and suffering and praying to find good random teamates isnt worth it.

If u want to enter on ranked, get a 5 friends and make a team and prove urselves as a true team the game is.

Rckdahouse

02-17-2013

I too feel that the real problem here is the harshness of losing 1 game outweighing the value of winning one game. I'm in the middle of bronze IV won 5 in a row only getting 55 points and in two games lost all but 5 points. since then ive won 2 in a row only giving me a total of 20 points. But if i lose another ill drop down again. It just seems like losing has too harsh a penalty especially if i have a better than 50/50 win ratio since the league system has come out.

Capitan BUBBLES

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2013

yay this is awesome now when i win i get +3 and when i lose i get -20 when im near hitting 100 how is that fair at all how am i ever supposed to get promoted when i gain almost no LP, this furthers the issue of the harshness of loses outweighing the wins now i have to win like 5 games to gain back the points i lose in 1 match

Izzy Claybourne

02-17-2013

I thought I noticed a difference this morning.

GJ Riot

Sakuya

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2013

It's okay, I'll just lose progress and get demoted slower lol.

Tanks Raiot! ^-^

TheSaminator

02-17-2013

The losses still should not count significantly more than wins and I think the new system is completely broken in that respect.

LeagueOfLovers 6

02-17-2013

You also made the game completely unplayable to hundreds if not thousands of people. You forgot to mention that change.