Updates to the League System

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RabidLlama1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathadin View Post
These are excellent changes... now if you would just allow us to dodge during promotional series...

This will be the 4th time I've gone up for Silver 1 division. My very first game that I am loading into right now, I get AP Ezreal mid and top lane AP Tryndamere...

Surely you can see the need to dodge without penalty... -_-
Recent promotion series I had a last pick who demanded adc. I take it, him and his friend then tell me they're going to troll, and spend the entire game berating me and telling me how much I suck, on top of doing badly themselves. Needless to say, we lose. It sucks being trapped in these toxic situations you know aren't going to end well (aside from giving into their "demands" and appeasing them, but you never know which ones are going to be unreasonable)

Amadorhi

02-17-2013

This is not how you do a ranked system but at least you're trying to justify it. If anything it has made me more sour and forced me to enjoy my tribunal punishes and made my reports on other players skyrocket. Thats about the only thing I can thank the current system in its present form for doing. Going from promo to gold to Silver 4 and climbing back up is such a painful climb. The only thing that makes ranked enjoyable at this level is to report people. And Im ok with that.

BSinCaRNaGe

02-17-2013

Why in all that is holy am I losing 24-30+ points for ONE game in ranked, but only ever gaining 12-14 points for a win!!!!!!!! THIS IS FRUSTRATING THE **** OUTTA ME!!

Hard2Get

02-17-2013

What does Riot think about the fast raising numbers of players in higher tiers? We got actually 0,27% diamond players on NA and 0,28% players at diamond on EUW (thats my home server). I watched those numbers almost everyday and since the release of the new system there are already more than three times as many diamond players than before. More than hundred new players reach diamond every day.

If i remember right the target number for diamond was 0,1% of the playerbase. If it goes on like this then the diamond playerbase will be soon above 1%.

Source: http://www.lolsummoners.com/?region=na

Mrs Forgam

02-17-2013

lol i was wondering why i only lost 7 lp

Superpicker

02-17-2013

This is terrible. Makes it harder to gain LP the closer you get?? Its already hard enough. I got to my qualifiers after a 7 game win streak and got trolled 2 out of the 3 games. Then I got place with terrible teammates every game after and had a 6 game losing streak even though i dominated in games on and individual level. So though my skill is greater than the tier I'm in I'll never advance because of being placed with people who are terrible or don't care. Also you should only be placed with others who are qualifying during qualifiers. That would make it more fair to advance because everyone on the team would have motive to try hard.

For instance, in my last ranked game i went 10/5/14 while the rest of my team fed and we lost horribly. Yet after such a great performance i was demoted, hardly seems fair. This system if flawed and doesn't allow those who are individually great to advance. Why should i get punished the same and lose the same points as those who do simply terrible in the game?? There should be some sort of system for individual performance during play. I am tired of doing well every game and losing points and finally i got demoted. No motivation the play this game and I'm seriously thinking about quitting because with the system the way it is there is no way to advance out of this low tier no matter how good you are.

SoloDuoLaneOnly

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
Previously you would be getting large LP gains until they suddenly dropped to very small amounts, whereas now the decreases will be much more gradual and will start earlier. It will still take the same number of wins to qualify for the Promotion Series, but your LP total will now be a better indicator of how close you are.

The important change is that now your losses will be similarly reduced, so if you're only going to gain 5 LP from a win, then you'll only be losing something close to 5 LP from a loss as well. You'll no longer see a single loss wipe out all of the LP gains from five or six wins when you're close to 100 LP.
So everyone who played Ranked before these changes is out of luck then, yea?

Sirevanac

02-17-2013

Mister Yegg, I have a question:

In the pre-league system of Elo, you made a ton of fixes so people could dodge a troll team, and you even went for that 0.5% or so of people that just wanted to troll exploding this.

But in the new system, if you dodge you lose LP! Was this totally intended? All that work you did for nothing? : (

Thanks in advance! Love all this changes : )

llBooM

02-17-2013

I guess this patch makes the rest of us who made it through S1 feel better for it now, since its so easy now XD.

I think the next problem is placing new people in GOLD V after winning 6/10 placement matches, I mean its now easier to buy a lv30 account and just do your placement matches to get to GOLD v.

I notice a lot of these players with low wins who just get placed into gold really lack the skill to move forward.

elliopmp

02-17-2013

Am experiencing a serious issue with the league launcher, it's happened once before and now it's happening again, I click on the big yellow play button and than something glitches and it doesn't open the game explorer, FFS, this is the last time I'm going to tolerate this, last time I had to delete all the updated files because one was corrupt or something, not a computer wiz, but this is seriously ticking me off. Help please