Updates to the League System

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Stiky Surprice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2013

I'm only at 45 points. I'm in Gold Division 1 and every win I obtain 8-9 LP and give up 15-20 LP when I lose. I been to 99 points 3 times already and it's really frustrating losing 1 or 2 game and backtrack a 3-5 win streak. Could you please Explain why this happens?

shroooooomed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2013

meh still dont like the system... display our mmr and i'll love it though

funkykong245

02-26-2013

awesome

KingFirmin504

02-26-2013

Last 7 games ive gained anywhere from 2 to 6 lp for games, i just lose, and i lost 16 LP. Seems balanced. . .

Fr4nt1k

02-26-2013

Have you applied this hotfix yet?

I was at 90 LP two games ago... I've won them both and now I'm at 96 (+4 and +2).

I like the idea behind the league system, but with these rewards it's no fun at all (especially because afterwards I'll have to win the promotion series to get anything out of it).

Fix it, please . In its current (hopefully bugged) state it's the worst thing you've done to Solo Q since Season 1.

PS. Junior Member? I've been playing since the early days of the beta -.- How can you make so much money and have so much success and not fix these bugs? Don't get me wrong, I think the game is great, but the bugs are pretty impressive .

TopGarenteed

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
Previously you would be getting large LP gains until they suddenly dropped to very small amounts, whereas now the decreases will be much more gradual and will start earlier. It will still take the same number of wins to qualify for the Promotion Series, but your LP total will now be a better indicator of how close you are.

The important change is that now your losses will be similarly reduced, so if you're only going to gain 5 LP from a win, then you'll only be losing something close to 5 LP from a loss as well. You'll no longer see a single loss wipe out all of the LP gains from five or six wins when you're close to 100 LP.

This is complete and utter horse ****. I gain 1 lp a game from 90 lp up. I win 6-7 games in a row to lose one and go back further than I was before. Personally I think you are selling us snake oil.

Ataullah

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
Previously you would be getting large LP gains until they suddenly dropped to very small amounts, whereas now the decreases will be much more gradual and will start earlier. It will still take the same number of wins to qualify for the Promotion Series, but your LP total will now be a better indicator of how close you are.

The important change is that now your losses will be similarly reduced, so if you're only going to gain 5 LP from a win, then you'll only be losing something close to 5 LP from a loss as well. You'll no longer see a single loss wipe out all of the LP gains from five or six wins when you're close to 100 LP.
Like the 15 points i just lost for one loss, after gaining 3 points a win the last 4 games i won?
i just went from 95 to 80 after going from 92 to 95... is this a glitch?

At this rate i have to win 5 games in a ROW to make up for one loss.....

MrPuffles

02-27-2013

I think there should be a way to see your hidden MMR if you opt into it. It would make things much less confusing for me

FunnyBuddha

02-27-2013

I'd love an explaination on how Duo Queuing affects your MMR and how those teams are comprised. I mainly duo and we've just been getting crapped on. I have WAY more success in Solo Q.

Have been several games where we've had teammates (2 in one game) that have have only played a few ranked games on our team. We're in Silver 5 and haven't even sniffed getting out. Prior to these changes i was charging into Silver 1 and since absolutely plumbeted. I'd like to think i'm a low Gold player so i'm no pro....

TLDR: I believe ranked duo'ing is being overly relied on for carrying teams and overly effecting the MMR.

xeroxii

02-27-2013

I wonder, because no system administrator is present and tells the truth about what is going to happen with this new system, as many have doubts