Updates to the League System

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

C12H16N2

02-22-2013

I would like to see something implemented in which a player would lose less LP for a loss with an afked teammate

Amatsukaze

02-22-2013

Is there any way you guys can make a way to reset your LP gain? I'm stuck in Division 5 and I have no chance of leaving because of one massive loss streak that absolutely plummeted my "ELO". I only gain like 5-10 LP per win but I lose 20 or more LP for every loss. Its just absolutely hopeless in trying to move up because I would have to have a win rate of at least 67% JUST TO BREAK EVEN. Like I want to try and play ranked again but one night of poor play just ruined an entire season .

spaguetti

02-23-2013

the new ranked system sucks when you win a game after you are out of bronze v you get like 9 points but when you are in bronze v you get 30 that is kinda stupid. then when you lose in bronze v you get like 10 or 13 points off but when you lose out of bronze v you get like 19 points off when you only get 9 points when you win that is stupid it makes no sense for you to lose the equivalent of 2 games when you lose one game i understand maybe the points of that game that would be 9 points but 19 points is retarded and really 30 points per game bronze v and only 9 after you are out of bronze v that is just made for no one the get out of dam elo hell. yeah they said they got took elo pretty much out but you will always be stuck palying with the same ******* over and over and over for ever cuz they designed it wrong this sucks reallly bad.

spaguetti

02-23-2013

this changes are only made to divisions 1 what about if you are not in division one you keep losing LP like crazy when you lose a game you win 2 and lose 1 and you back to 0 that is very stupid come on

waywade

02-23-2013

I have been paying attention to the solo queue ladders of different servers (TW, KR, NA) since half a year ago, and I noticed that all the ladders are weird after the application of the new League System.
The top players in the old system(and their relative ranking) have changed. This makes me wonder if the new League System is a better system to discriminate the 'levels' of players than the old system.
Below are some questions about the new League System.

1. Does the League System affect(directly or indirectly) the old match-making and ELO system? I think the old match-making and ELO system was very fair and I hope the application of League System did not affect its fairness.

2. Have you evaluate the effectiveness and reliability of the League System to reflect players' hidden ELO? and how can you do that evaluation?

You know the new system is not 'transparent' to the players, so we have many questions about it.

TrueHardLuck

02-23-2013

Trolls in bronze, afks almost every game..

gmniqnbwuioqwnbu

02-23-2013

I've reached a promotional series 4 times in Silver I, but with this new hotfix I can't even reach 100. When i get to 90 i get 4lp for the win, the i get to 94 then i gain 2, then 96 then i gain 1. I lost 1 then lose 6 so i have to restart that whole thing over again, is this a bug or working as intended.

Moon Stone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
Previously you would be getting large LP gains until they suddenly dropped to very small amounts, whereas now the decreases will be much more gradual and will start earlier. It will still take the same number of wins to qualify for the Promotion Series, but your LP total will now be a better indicator of how close you are.

The important change is that now your losses will be similarly reduced, so if you're only going to gain 5 LP from a win, then you'll only be losing something close to 5 LP from a loss as well. You'll no longer see a single loss wipe out all of the LP gains from five or six wins when you're close to 100 LP.
A single loss just wiped out three wins at 94 LP points. Is this working as intended?

IrMonsters

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2013

I need someone to answer this for me. my hidden elo is currently 1520 and im at 91 points in silver 1 and im only gaining around 5-6points and loosing double the amount i win

IrMonsters

02-23-2013

You guys should of fixed and tested this new system before implementing it, Seems way to buggy to me.