Updates to the League System

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Guges

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchY0urB4ck View Post
Well first of all I really like the new League system, it motivated people to do rankeds becasue they cant fear to lose their tier, but there is a huge problem with Promotion and Demotion.

I think you should edit the requirements for a Demotion and Promotion, it should tell you if you are good enough to "rise" to the next tier, or if you are too bad and fall down one.

The situation i had is, I got put into the Silver 2 Division, I lost some games, but not because I struggled on my lane or gameplay, it was because other people failed.
MY avg KDA is something like 7-3-8, and even with those stats in Division 2, I got demoted.

Why? I am rarely the cause why we loose, I often carry games on my own. Why do you demote people with a good KDA in the division? It doesn't make sense if you argue with: "Well, you did not carry your team enough..."
The point of staying in a Division is not, that I can always carry games there, it is if I FIT in their skill level. And with that KDA in that Division, I would say I am doing pretty OK. dont you think?

I would change to something like: If you loose 3 games in a row with 0 Leaguepoints and a very low KDA, you should get demoted. If you loose some games with 0 Leaguepoints, and still have a high KDA, you should stay for more chances.

The second thing I want to point out is basically the same problem, just in the promotion series. People are playing more aggressively, especially those who try to get points, because they know they are not getting directly punished by losing a game.
So it is frustrating to play with those, when you have to win 2 out of 3. I suggest another requirement here:
- You need to have 100 Leaguepoints.
- You have to hold atleast 85 Leaguepoints after 5 matches.
- Every match you win you get 10 without cap, for every game loose you drop 15+5 points(for each lose stacked: -15, -20....
- Those rules only apply in the Promotion series.

F.E:
100pt
lose: -15
win: +10
win:+10
lose:-20
=70 pt = no promotion

100pt
=100 pt=promotion

So basically it gives people more chances to build up points if they play really well, so they dont drop as easy as the bad ones, OFC this suggestion is not perfect, but it would really help to improve the new League.
For Tiers I would higher the amount of games to 10, because you can't drop Tiers, so if you rise to one, you should really have a consistant gameplay.
Well how does this work?

My last game mid I was 1-0 mid with Lux 10 or so mins into the game. It was basically a stand off between me and Nidalee. She was 1-0 also.

Bottom lost their lane, our jungle was horrible. Nid starts at this point running around with her spear and my bottom and jungle constantly get caught and die by it.

So their bottom carry and support start running around ganking everyone with Nidalee/Cait/Taric. We fall behind because our support isn't warding and we can't get anywhere near the lanes because of their outleveling us and fed bottom.

In order to try to hold the base when I knew we were going to lose anyway, I ended up 1-4-2. If I was worried about my KDA, I would have just sat on the platform and stayed 1-0.

If you go by that KDA, I would have had 0...but at that point the game snowballed due to bottom and the other lanes losing the game early.

So...did I play bad? According to the KDA I did. But I know I didn't and had to at least try to do something, otherwise I would have been reported.

Right now, the constant theme I see is that the teams seem REALLY unbalanced. My last two games we won our lanes. Other 2 lanes got literally destroyed. I was 0-1-6 with Sona and my carry quit the game due to our top, mid, jungler having 33 deaths out of 36.

I mean wtf can you possibly do. It's soooo frustrating.

Mistsugan

02-21-2013

Hey I think you stupid or you have removed your promotion as a loss when you leave the champion selection that touches you a troll if there are currently many troll should at least give a chance to make it right and not have to return to start gathering points just because you do not want to waste time with trolls

xahnort

02-21-2013

the lp distribution is wack i have won 5 out 7 in division 4 and each win i only get like 5 lp so if i win 4 i have 20 but i lose one and that's all gone. you guys need to fix this because i am about ready to quit playing.

aristox

02-21-2013

yay

TheCøøkieMonster

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guges View Post
Still haven't addressed AFK'ers or Trolls.

Last game, another AFK'er because our top, mid, jungle were horrible so my carry leaves the game. We won our lane and then she quits because the rest of the team was feeding.

There needs to be a HARSH punishment for AFKing during a ranked game.

First offense - 1 week ban
Second offense - 2 week ban
Third offense - Perma ban

AFK'ing just has gotten to the point where I don't even want to do ranked because I get one 60% of the time.
We are trying to get Riots eyes on the Pregame Vote Kick option to help rid the pregame of trolling....Trolls have too much power as is, and season 3 gave more strength to their cause of trolling

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3007733

Come vote and spread the word

Kontri

02-21-2013

This system is ridiculous and it's a step back from previous seasons. Elo was increasing kinda linearily then (20, give or take) and now it's frustrating as hell.

Really, guys? Why bother with LP then, when I have to farm up my "hidden elo" anyway? I got 4 LP from my last game, it moved me from 91 to 95. Next will probably be worth 2 LP (previous was for 8), and when i lose i will probably lose around 15, so it's like my 3 won games will be nullified by one loss.

TheCøøkieMonster

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kontri View Post
This system is ridiculous and it's a step back from previous seasons. Elo was increasing kinda linearily then (20, give or take) and now it's frustrating as hell.

Really, guys? Why bother with LP then, when I have to farm up my "hidden elo" anyway? I got 4 LP from my last game, it moved me from 91 to 95. Next will probably be worth 2 LP (previous was for 8), and when i lose i will probably lose around 15, so it's like my 3 won games will be nullified by one loss.
next should be 4 for you

Rogue771

02-21-2013

Couple questions and comments here, looking for some info. (I didn't read the entirety of these pages, so if it was already answered I apologize, long post inc)

First off, are you even able to be demoted from your starting division? Or is it that you can't drop below a V division?
I started off in Silver V, and I've been through ups and downs, at one point I sat at 0 points and lost 12 straight games, I never got a message or anything about demotion, kinda confusing but I can't really complain.

Next, I hear some players talking about this hidden elo, another confusing factor. Me and my usual duo partner are both in silver V, yet it always has us set to be 4th and 5th choice below Bronze 2, 3, and 4 players (seems to be the norm). It looks the same as last season with 'elo hell', as you always get people unwilling to communicate doing bans and firstpicking teemos and etc.

I also find the teams come out very unbalanced, after longer games I usually check around peoples profiles and take a break, it seems my teams end up being all bronze players while I see some opposing players repping high silver and even gold divisions.

Oh and god, these LP...
I gain anywhere from 3-7 LP per win. I can deal with that, having to win ~15 games for a promotion seems fair. But it seems I have to do all 15 in a row to even get anywhere. I lose nearly 30 points per game (24-28 was my highest). I went off at one point and won 8 games in a row, only to check my profile and see I was at a measly 43 points... sure enough one game later our adc drops first blood and ragequits, I lost more than half my points, and poof, I'm back at square one.

It just seems to be a losing battle. One good friend of mine has gotten up to silver 3 (from V) winning just 27 games (out of 68). He claims he gains 15+ points a win and only loses 19~ a loss, a few good streaks and bam. Well, I'm currently at 32 (out of 81, there isn't much different in percentages) and can't even get off the 0 of silver V.

Can someone explain this very concisely to me, lol. The bullet point listed OP isn't very helpful.
Yeah, thanks.

Guges

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCkieMonster View Post
We are trying to get Riots eyes on the Pregame Vote Kick option to help rid the pregame of trolling....Trolls have too much power as is, and season 3 gave more strength to their cause of trolling

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3007733

Come vote and spread the word
That's fine but that doesn't address AFK'ers that leave the game.

Trolling in selection is vastly different then trolling/afk'ing.

Anyone that gets a RED or reported AFK and it's proven needs a long ban.

WatchY0urB4ck

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guges View Post
Well how does this work?

My last game mid I was 1-0 mid with Lux 10 or so mins into the game. It was basically a stand off between me and Nidalee. She was 1-0 also.

Bottom lost their lane, our jungle was horrible. Nid starts at this point running around with her spear and my bottom and jungle constantly get caught and die by it.

So their bottom carry and support start running around ganking everyone with Nidalee/Cait/Taric. We fall behind because our support isn't warding and we can't get anywhere near the lanes because of their outleveling us and fed bottom.

In order to try to hold the base when I knew we were going to lose anyway, I ended up 1-4-2. If I was worried about my KDA, I would have just sat on the platform and stayed 1-0.

If you go by that KDA, I would have had 0...but at that point the game snowballed due to bottom and the other lanes losing the game early.

So...did I play bad? According to the KDA I did. But I know I didn't and had to at least try to do something, otherwise I would have been reported.

Right now, the constant theme I see is that the teams seem REALLY unbalanced. My last two games we won our lanes. Other 2 lanes got literally destroyed. I was 0-1-6 with Sona and my carry quit the game due to our top, mid, jungler having 33 deaths out of 36.

I mean wtf can you possibly do. It's soooo frustrating.
As I said, my suggestion is NOT perfect, but it would consider more different points than the system now. Ofc people can win/loose game with a small KDA, but I was talking about the average. If your average is more positive(since assists give a bunch of positive scores, even supp can have insanely high averages) you stay, because it means that you FIT in the Division.