Updates to the League System

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Uzimic

02-20-2013

I read the update to the leauge system, however when I am at 95 LP in my bracket, and I lose a game I lose 27 points, when I win, I gain 4. I was under the impression this is what you fixed, doesnt seem to have fixed for me? or is it only in some tiers?

Lucky Eagle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2013

you
and
you
company

you

ni gg ers

Arctic Bro

02-20-2013

ok, hiding name from front page, everyone knows what he's been saying

Secret Asian Man

02-20-2013

TY Riot!

WatchY0urB4ck

02-20-2013

Well first of all I really like the new League system, it motivated people to do rankeds becasue they cant fear to lose their tier, but there is a huge problem with Promotion and Demotion.

I think you should edit the requirements for a Demotion and Promotion, it should tell you if you are good enough to "rise" to the next tier, or if you are too bad and fall down one.

The situation i had is, I got put into the Silver 2 Division, I lost some games, but not because I struggled on my lane or gameplay, it was because other people failed.
MY avg KDA is something like 7-3-8, and even with those stats in Division 2, I got demoted.

Why? I am rarely the cause why we loose, I often carry games on my own. Why do you demote people with a good KDA in the division? It doesn't make sense if you argue with: "Well, you did not carry your team enough..."
The point of staying in a Division is not, that I can always carry games there, it is if I FIT in their skill level. And with that KDA in that Division, I would say I am doing pretty OK. dont you think?

I would change to something like: If you loose 3 games in a row with 0 Leaguepoints and a very low KDA, you should get demoted. If you loose some games with 0 Leaguepoints, and still have a high KDA, you should stay for more chances.

The second thing I want to point out is basically the same problem, just in the promotion series. People are playing more aggressively, especially those who try to get points, because they know they are not getting directly punished by losing a game.
So it is frustrating to play with those, when you have to win 2 out of 3. I suggest another requirement here:
- You need to have 100 Leaguepoints.
- You have to hold atleast 85 Leaguepoints after 5 matches.
- Every match you win you get 10 without cap, for every game loose you drop 15+5 points(for each lose stacked: -15, -20....
- Those rules only apply in the Promotion series.

F.E:
100pt
lose: -15
win: +10
win:+10
lose:-20
=70 pt = no promotion

100pt
=100 pt=promotion

So basically it gives people more chances to build up points if they play really well, so they dont drop as easy as the bad ones, OFC this suggestion is not perfect, but it would really help to improve the new League.
For Tiers I would higher the amount of games to 10, because you can't drop Tiers, so if you rise to one, you should really have a consistant gameplay.

bruce ıee

02-20-2013

gonna call bs on that whole "harder to be demoted" part.
I was up at 80+ LP in silver III, lost 5 straight to go down to 0 lp. Lost one more time, went down a division.

Why is the system so much more lenient towards putting you lower than it is bringing you up? Shouldn't it be 50/50 split?

It makes it depressing and removes a lot of the enjoyment out of ranked when you have one bad streak and you just know how difficult it's going to be to fix it.

I'm not a fan of this system, to be honest.

Louizbd

02-20-2013

The only big change this new system has is the psycological effect on the players... nothing has really changed... we are in divisions, but we never play with people of the same division... if you are in division 3, you are going to play against silver.... silver in the enemy team, bronze 4 on your team.. you have to prove you are better than silver to go up to bronze 2... would make more sense if you have to prove you are better than bronze 3 to go to bronze 2.. doesnt make any sense..

Salty Raiin

02-20-2013

Ok can someone please explain to me how the match making system works because honestly it doesn't make any sense at all. So i just played a game were my mid laner was gold division 4 my top lane was silver division 4 my support was silver division 1 and my adc was bronze divsion 4... Now you would think maybe they are on a massive winning spree so they are being placed with me... Wrong i check all their match history every single person on my team has lost the past 3-5 games now i thought maybe the enemy team has the same style division players i look at them and guess wat wrong again they had 4 members at gold division 2 just like me and than they had a platinum 5 soooooo im alittle confused as to why is gods name the match was created so unbalanced because i ended up looking at their match history and 3 of the 5 members of the enemy team has been on a winning spree of 3 or more and the other 2 are on a 50% win lose ratio.... Now you would say maybe its because u lost a bunch of games in a row sadly not the case if u look at my match history its been a win/lose style for me win one lose one over and over kinda of annoying but w/e but honestly when the game is basically setting you up to lose wtf are you suppose to do its like the game is saying the only way ur gonna win a game is if u carry 4 people which ok that happens sometimes but honestly that not right i would love if the game atleast places me with players around my own division **** ill take a team of full gold division 5-3 fine with me but jesus dont give me a dam bronze division 4 player in my game who has been on a losing spree... Now i would love if someone from riot could explain the games match making system because honestly it doesn't make any sense to me at all. An answer would be very appreciated.

Pacify

02-20-2013

Anyone been able to pinpoint exactly how the demotion system has been changed.

Really would like to know if it has been properly addressed before starting play at a new division again, the idea of losing a couple in a row again and getting demoted again doesnt appeal.

@ Yegg Would really love to specifics on how the demotion mechanics actually work. Its still far too up in the air, there is no transparency in it really operates

Guges

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
Hey all,

Earlier today we hotfixed in some updates to the League System. These changes are intended to address some valid complaints about the harshness and frequency of demotions as well as frustrations surrounding the discrepancy between LP gains and losses for many Division I players. We've also included a few bugfixes. Here's the full list:

- Increased the requirements for being demoted so that demotions will happen less frequently
- Increased the length of the demotion immunity grace period that occurs after being placed in a new division
- Players and teams that are demoted will now have 75 LP in the new division rather than 50
- Tweaked LP gains and losses for players and teams in Division I who haven't passed the additional checks to qualify for the next tier
--- LP changes from both wins and losses will now be reduced in this situation, rather than just wins
--- Reductions in LP changes will now kick in earlier and more gradually rather than only starting near 100 LP
- "Loss forgiven" during server issues will now prevent demotions as well as series losses
- Summoner name changes are now properly handled by the league system
- Fixed a bug that could occasionally cause players to gain more LP than expected in Challenger tier

As always, we'll be monitoring the effects of these changes and we'll be making further tweaks over the coming weeks, so feel free to post your thoughts on the current state of the system once you've had a chance to play some games.

Thanks and gl hf!
Still haven't addressed AFK'ers or Trolls.

Last game, another AFK'er because our top, mid, jungle were horrible so my carry leaves the game. We won our lane and then she quits because the rest of the team was feeding.

There needs to be a HARSH punishment for AFKing during a ranked game.

First offense - 1 week ban
Second offense - 2 week ban
Third offense - Perma ban

AFK'ing just has gotten to the point where I don't even want to do ranked because I get one 60% of the time.