Updates to the League System

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

theurbanraptor

02-19-2013

cool so can you put me back to Silver III then? Because I dropped it like it was hot faster than my milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard.

Ray Rice

02-19-2013

Are people happy with the new system? I would like to hear some opinions on why people think it is better.

Before, your ELO was accurate and easy to understand. You always gained or lost ELO in a fixed range and knew what number you needed for the next level, e.g. 1520 for gold. Now you can have 2 people in the same division with very different MMRs and, accordingly, it is a lot easier for one of those people to advance to the next than it is for the other.

Personally, I don't like how this new system seems to mask your true rating in a way makes it difficult to know how well you are doing comparatively, and it adds a lot of frustration in trying to move up.

Purgation

02-19-2013

@Yegg on topic.

Of course, it could always be a coincidence, but I noticed a change immediately. Specifically, I had been stuck in a pattern of being promoted (successfully completing the series) and then being bounced back down within 3-5 games. (2-3 losses).

The difference in the types of games before and after promotion was insane. The promotion games were "better than average" team quality, and post promotion seemed to inevitably include afks, trolls, or other problematic teammates.

After the hot-fix, I was promoted again (for the 8th time!) and the matches post-promotion were qualitatively different. The result was that I was able to stabilize in the new grouping. Don't know if this is some subtle effect of the changes, but after 7 cycles of promote / demote, the change is certainly welcome....

Resolute Riven

02-19-2013

@Yegg
When do you plan on addressing the issue of players being matched up against players 3+divisions higher than them during promotional matches?
The idea is great, but implemented wrong. The idea is to see if a player is ready to advance to the next tier and play at that level with those people. The issue is that you are pairing them with people who Are Not ready for the next tier, making it based almost on luck (or being 1000 Elo out of place) for someone to be promoted.

FIN Sawyer30

02-19-2013

What about the people who got demoted because of your harshness early on? I was division one then lost 3 games in a row and ended up in Div 4.

Another thing, if you were hoping the league system helps erase the faults of the solo queue, sorry but you're wrong. The same issues still persist with LP that were alive in ELO.

Swoonpai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-19-2013

so... gaining TWO LP is suppose to be normal? You guys think it;s okay for someone who works hard gets a slap in the face and only gain basically nothing for their hardwork?

That's like saying RIOTERS should make less money when you guys do good work. WTF logic?

Private Waters

02-19-2013

I'm not usually one to Hector Riot, but a recent message really pissed me off. I was in Silver four and made it to qualifiers three times before people like Jungle Nasus lost the game. I just logged on and it said, "CONGRATULATIONS! You've been promoted to Copper Three!"

Words cannot describe how frustrated I am with this huge middlefinger from Riot, I just want to know why. Why I've been "promoted" to copper three when I was doing fine.

Resolute Riven

02-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Private Waters View Post
I'm not usually one to Hector Riot, but a recent message really pissed me off. I was in Silver four and made it to qualifiers three times before people like Jungle Nasus lost the game. I just logged on and it said, "CONGRATULATIONS! You've been promoted to Copper Three!"

Words cannot describe how frustrated I am with this huge middlefinger from Riot, I just want to know why. Why I've been "promoted" to copper three when I was doing fine.
What?!?!?!?

Duke Damn

02-19-2013

Any chance of reducing the leaving penalties relative to the earning/loss changes to LP in division 1? I had to dodge a lobby with two trolls before to lose 3 lp which took me the last 3 games to earn, all of which were wins.

ROBERT ARG SJ

02-19-2013

Days Ago

I got demoted a few days ago, any c