Updates to the League System

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spektor

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
Hey all,

Earlier today we hotfixed in some updates to the League System. These changes are intended to address some valid complaints about the harshness and frequency of demotions as well as frustrations surrounding the discrepancy between LP gains and losses for many Division I players. We've also included a few bugfixes. Here's the full list:

- Increased the requirements for being demoted so that demotions will happen less frequently
- Increased the length of the demotion immunity grace period that occurs after being placed in a new division
- Players and teams that are demoted will now have 75 LP in the new division rather than 50
- Tweaked LP gains and losses for players and teams in Division I who haven't passed the additional checks to qualify for the next tier
--- LP changes from both wins and losses will now be reduced in this situation, rather than just wins
--- Reductions in LP changes will now kick in earlier and more gradually rather than only starting near 100 LP
- "Loss forgiven" during server issues will now prevent demotions as well as series losses
- Summoner name changes are now properly handled by the league system
- Fixed a bug that could occasionally cause players to gain more LP than expected in Challenger tier

As always, we'll be monitoring the effects of these changes and we'll be making further tweaks over the coming weeks, so feel free to post your thoughts on the current state of the system once you've had a chance to play some games.

Thanks and gl hf!
So who do we contact if we have lost a series due to a game queue client glitch?

Lunar Lightning

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoahHoeOh View Post
Any action/consideration with queue dodge?
this

MURDEROUS1

02-18-2013

Glad they addressed the demotion issue. I was pretty upset when I finally got into the next division and got leavers in back to back games and got demoted. This makes the foothold for players in a new division less tenuous. If you work hard to excel you should be given a fair chance. I also like the change in base LP after a demotion so If you don't make the cut the first go round it wont take you quite so long to get back to where you were. Its been awhile but I think a Kudos is in order for Riot.

MrSmartiePants

02-18-2013

Welp, I have nothing to complain about.

MookieNJ

02-18-2013

I call nonsense on this one. I was at 91 league points and figured I was 1 or 2 wins away form a series. In a row I get 4 points, 2 points, and 1 point for winning 3 straight. Stuck at 98 points, I lose, and minus 17 points. So how exactly did you change this system? Seems just as impossible to move up as it did before.

Kupkup

02-18-2013

so what regulates bottom feeders? people that just lose constantly cause they are bad but dont demote cause you cant fall below your particular division.

iRiquee

02-19-2013

Oceanic servers pls, i dislike playing with 250 ping.

The Vigilant 1

02-19-2013

So getting 3 wins and 1 loss count for the same thing still. I only got 5 or 6 points each on my last three games, then lost the last one and im back down to zero? please fix like you say you were going to.

Fleeke

02-19-2013

I am a division 1 player, I am gaining LP around 13~15 until I hit 80ish. Then I continue to win and go on a winning streak of 6 games. After this winning streak I am at 96LP. I lose 1 game and I go down to 81 wtf? Literally 6 games erased by 1 game and apparently this is not supposed to happen as pointed out in a previous riot post. Explain please.

Violentwinds

02-19-2013

I'd like to see bronze become less impossible to get out of, and harsher punishment for people who afk/troll in ranked.