Updates to the League System

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 24
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yegg

Game Designer

Follow Yegg on Twitter

02-16-2013
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Hey all,

Earlier today we hotfixed in some updates to the League System. These changes are intended to address some valid complaints about the harshness and frequency of demotions as well as frustrations surrounding the discrepancy between LP gains and losses for many Division I players. We've also included a few bugfixes. Here's the full list:

- Increased the requirements for being demoted so that demotions will happen less frequently
- Increased the length of the demotion immunity grace period that occurs after being placed in a new division
- Players and teams that are demoted will now have 75 LP in the new division rather than 50
- Tweaked LP gains and losses for players and teams in Division I who haven't passed the additional checks to qualify for the next tier
--- LP changes from both wins and losses will now be reduced in this situation, rather than just wins
--- Reductions in LP changes will now kick in earlier and more gradually rather than only starting near 100 LP
- "Loss forgiven" during server issues will now prevent demotions as well as series losses
- Summoner name changes are now properly handled by the league system
- Fixed a bug that could occasionally cause players to gain more LP than expected in Challenger tier

As always, we'll be monitoring the effects of these changes and we'll be making further tweaks over the coming weeks, so feel free to post your thoughts on the current state of the system once you've had a chance to play some games.

Thanks and gl hf!

MARCANDRE

02-16-2013

Yes, this is why I love you riot (:

Finaltidus

02-16-2013

yay

TheStrelok

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2013

Posting in a future epic thread.

IS1a420802574b139f7409f

02-16-2013

Quick, give everyone gold for free and they'll be happy.

c0nscript

02-16-2013

Wow, I can almost start playing ranked again.

Now only if they removed promotion between divisions and only had them for tiers.

FloppyFlerp

02-16-2013

In other words expect lesser LP gains earlier after crossing 70LP if your Division 1 of a Tier and huge LP lost on lost games

Hope this isn't true

TheOneSirDieAlot

02-16-2013

Good...

Yes, this is good...

Sh3n0

02-16-2013

DarkCornor

02-16-2013

I got demoted a few days ago, any chance these changes will be applied if you have been demoted very recently and have yet to play another ranked?

1234511 ... 24